HotkeyP - Freeware

All non-XnView related: softwares, formats, imaging, photography...

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

ckit wrote:Your link won't work for those of us who use Firefox and Noscript - the page can't redirect useless we allow javascript for the site that's all.
OK, I'll change it.
Dreamer
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

HotkeyP 4.3.1 has been released.

- new commands:

"CD speed"
"Hide application"
"Minimize to tray"
"Magnifier"
"Clear recent documents"
"Delete temporary files"
"Save desktop icons"
"Restore desktop icons"

- categories
- "Paste text" can contain multiple strings separated by %|
- "Paste text" does not change the clipboard
- "Show text" - parameter %l means the clipboard content
- command parameters are visible in the description column (at internal commands, not exe files)
- changed the tray icon when mouse shortcuts are disabled (from 'X' to '/')
- the program Spy has buttons to copy values to the clipboard or directly to the HotkeyP window
- the Spy window is resizeable
- "Lock computer" disables CD autorun
- option not to show Password:*** when the computer is locked
Dreamer
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Silent update.

- bugfix - PrintScreen key and the combinations didn't work on Windows XP

Important bugfix for the new xnview capture command line options, more here.
Dreamer
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

The new capture command line options have been added to XnView, you can use them with the HotkeyP to make screenshot(s) with a single click - keyboard shortcut, mouse shortcut, gamepad, or even remote control.

Small guide:

1. Go to HotkeyP menu > Hotkey > and select "Create new"

2. Use any keyboard/mouse shortcut as a Hot Key

3. Command - it's the same for all options, it's a path to xnview.exe, by default:

C:\Program Files\XnView\xnview.exe

4. Parameters - few examples:

-capture=window
-capture=desktop

-capture=window,c:\file.ext
-capture=desktop,c:\file.ext

-capture=window,c:\file#.ext
-capture=desktop,c:\file_###.ext

-capture=window,d:\screenshot$.ext
-capture=desktop,d:\screenshot_$.ext

# is a number index - #=1, 2, 3..., ###=001, 002, 003...
$ is a date and time - 08132007_214818

Path and file name is customizable. Screenshot is created, saved and then xnview exits. Extension is taken from Capture setup dialog.
Dreamer
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

HotkeyP 4.4 has been released.

- volume commands work on Windows Vista

fixed bugs:
- "Paste text" did not work in the "Total Commander" command line
- commands which have exe file name parameter ignored file paths
- PrintScreen could not be set as a hotkey
Dreamer
raducoc

Post by raducoc »

Very useful program but I cant figure out how to control the Wave sound volume. I configured VolumeUp and VolumeDown but this shortcuts is controlling only the Mixer.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

From the HotkeyP Help...

Volume, Volume +, Volume -

This command sets or increases or decreases audio volume. The first parameter is percent (an integer from 0 to 100). The second parameter is an audio line name (Mixer, Wave, MIDI, CD Audio, Line In, Microphone, Bass, Treble, ...). Actual names depend on your sound card and you can see them in the Volume Control application in Windows accessories. The Mixer is synonym for the Master out. The "Show these audio lines:" edit box in the options dialog box contains comma-separated audio line names that are displayed every time this hotkey is pressed.

Example for Wave - volume + (5%)

Command: Volume +
Parameters: 5 Wave
Dreamer
And 1

Post by And 1 »

I will probably just reinstall, but for some reason my I cant see my hotkeys or edit them in the main program. I have three shortcuts. I had them saved too (test.htk file). Weird thing is that my shortcuts still work, but I cant edit them or view them in any way.

Ever had this problem?

Question: How does the "Save desktop icons" and "Restore" work? I change resolutions sometimes and have 40 icons. So you would use the "Save desktop icons" bind only once and hit your restore button anytime? What if some icons are missing since your last save?
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

And 1 wrote:I will probably just reinstall, but for some reason my I cant see my hotkeys or edit them in the main program. I have three shortcuts. I had them saved too (test.htk file). Weird thing is that my shortcuts still work, but I cant edit them or view them in any way.

Ever had this problem?
No, strange. I'm using HotkeyP almost two years, I have three hundred shortcuts and it works perfect.

Could you describe the problem a little bit more please? What OS are you using? What HotkeyP version? There is a new feature - categories in the new version, have you tried to switch categories - try the first "all". Have you tried to re-load the htk file?

If possible send / upload the htk file, or/and screenshot of the main HotkeyP window. Do not use rapid share please, you can use http://www.zshare.net/ .
And 1 wrote:Question: How does the "Save desktop icons" and "Restore" work? I change resolutions sometimes and have 40 icons. So you would use the "Save desktop icons" bind only once and hit your restore button anytime? What if some icons are missing since your last save?
Only position of icons is saved - in the registry. I'm using a special Multi command - to Save desktop icons, Clear recent documents, change volume, change wallpaper and Shutdown - so I just use a single shortcut and all this is done in a moment. I use this Multicommand every day, so the positions of the icons are always updated and I can restote positions anytime by a shortcut or menu... I use just one (native) resolution, but somtimes it's changed, when I restore the resolution and use "restore" icons position is restored correctly.
Dreamer
And 1

Post by And 1 »

I'm using 4.4. And yes I tried all those things before I posted more than once. And even restarted my Windows XP SP2 OS to try again, and again. I thought my hardware is stable (original install date: 12/05 :P ).

I fixed it. I just went to File > Clear settings. Then reloaded my htk file. :)

So could you write me a guide for the 'save/restore desktop icons'? What goes under Parameters and Working Directory? Does "C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe" go under working directory?

EDIT: I downloaded this program layout.zip. Very small 5kb folder that comes with a DLL file and a REG file. It simply adds "Save/Restore Desktop Items" when you right-click your recycle bin. Works great. Put the DLL in your \windows\system32 folder. I'd still prefer to do it with hotkeyP.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Good to hear you solved the problem. :)

If you want just to create a shortcut to save - and another to restore the icons positions, then use these Commands:

Save desktop icons

Restore desktop icons

Nothing else is needed, just select a custom hotkey / keyboard shortcut for both.

As I said, I'm using Multi command, so the icons positions are saved everytime I turn off the computer, then I can restore them anytime.

You can tick the checkbox for "Add to the systray icon menu" if you don't like shortcuts. It's possible to create a desktop shortcuts(s) too.
Dreamer
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Silent update.

- French translation has been added.
Dreamer
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

HotkeyP 4.5 has been released.

- new commands: "Horizontal wheel","Remove drive"
- recording volume, the second soundcard volume, audio line display name can be changed
- parameters are allowed for documents (e.g. CPL files)
- keys \rshift,\rctrl,\ralt, \wheelright,\wheelleft in macros
- help is opened in a new process

fixed bugs:
- hook didn't work with some keyboards
- it is possible to use shortcut Ctrl+Break
- UAC dialog box is displayed if the started application requires admin rights (Windows Vista)
- password to unlock computer can contain shift keys
Dreamer
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Silent update.

- Bass/Treble issue (Windows Vista) has been fixed
- Slovak translation has been added
Dreamer
darrask

Post by darrask »

Hello Dreamer!
I've liked your program, but how do you uninstall it? I've already deleted the saved hotkeys file, but as there is no installation, I cannot find a deinstallation, and the hotkeys are still working (some but not all, for example wind+ D works to show desktop but not win+M to turn off monitor).