Page 1 of 3
HotkeyP - Freeware
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:12 am
HotkeyP - Freeware
- 184 kB
- No installation
- Multimedia keyboard support
- Mouse support (5 buttons and wheel)
- Remote control support
- Joystick / Gamepad support
- Custom keyboard shortcuts and global keyboard shortcuts to control almost any program
- Custom mouse shortcuts and global mouse shortcuts to control almost any program
- Custom keyboard and mouse shortcuts to start executable file, document, folder or WWW page control almost any Windows option (more below)
- Tray icon with customizable context menu with any command
- Lock computer - disable all system shortcuts, can be started at Windows startup
- OSD - time, date, volume...
- Disk free space
- Empty recycle bin
- Control panels
- Disable key - to disable CapsLock, or Win key
- Screen saver
- Monitor power off
- Desktop resolution - to change width, height, colors, frequency
- Show desktop
- Wallpaper - to switch to random, next, previous wallpaper
- Desktop snapshot
- Window snapshot
- Start service
- Stop service
- Show text
- Minimize window
- Maximize window
- Close window
- Always on top
- Minimize others
- Minimize to tray
- Hide window
- Hide application - to hide any window, also in the taskbar
- Resize window
- Move window
- Opacity - to make a window transparent
- Terminate process - to kill an application if it's not responding
- Process priority
- Next task
- Previous task
- Volume - to change the master volume, wave, MIDI, CD audio and even bass and treble
- Eject/Close CD
- Play CD, Stop, Next track, Previous track
- CD speed
- Clear recent documents
- Delete temporary files
- Save desktop icons
- Restore desktop icons
- Paste text - to quickly paste a text anywhere
- Multi command
- Commands list
- Move mouse cursor
- Simulation of mouse button press
- Disable all hotkeys
Read the Help for more information (about the features, commands, parameters...).
When you insert a new hotkey and select a command (through [<] button), press the [Help] button then for information about the current command (parameters and other notes).
To use the mouse shortcuts without conflicts (in the web browsers for example), create 2 empty Macro
commands for button 4 and 5 and place them in the end of the list.
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:38 am
HotkeyP 3.0 has been released.
- new commands: "Next wallpaper", "Previous wallpaper", "Move window", "Resize window", "Commands list"
- volume commands have parameter audio line (wave, midi, line in, ...)
- color of volume window border and disk free space window border can be changed
- command "Paste text" can contain date, time, computer name, user name, CR/LF
- click on systray icon causes main window to appear/disappear
- options Minimize or Close button hides the window
- commands Open/Save settings in the menu File
- multi-command can point to another multi-command
Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:42 pm
HotkeyP 3.2 has been released.
- new command "Volume" that sets the volume to some value, parameter of any volume function can be Bass or Treble
- command "Next wallpaper" remembers last wallpaper for each folder
- all multimedia keys can be used (even on older Windows versions)
- mouse shortcuts (any combination of all mouse buttons, mouse wheel, shift keys)
- new commands: "Command to active window", "Keys to active window", "Mouse/Wheel", "Mouse/Double click", "Window/Opacity"
- command \rep in Macro
- utility spy.exe which can find out all WM_COMMAND numbers
Now you can set custom keyboard shortcuts for almost any program. You can set also global keyboard shortcuts.
Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:25 pm
HotkeyP 3.3 has been released.
- new commands: "Show text", "Disable key", "Previous task", "Next task", "Fourth/Fifth button click", "Show desktop"
- command line can contain several commands separated by semicolons
- "Command to active window" can have three parameters and works with mouse shortcuts and the same shortcut can be used for many applications
- "Macro" can contain multimedia keys
- "Eject/Close CD" does not block the keyboard
- "Monitor power off" waits until a key is released, but no longer than 5 seconds
- command Copy in the menu Hotkey
- opacity can be set for any application which is started by a hotkey
- option to Rename keys
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:47 pm
HotkeyP 3.4 has been released.
- new command: "Lock computer" *
- mouse buttons order is relevant (L+R and R+L are different shortcuts)
- mouse shortcuts work on Windows 95/98/ME, too
- option to delay mouse buttons
- opacity for the "Volume", "Disk free space" and "Show text" windows
- option to insert a new hotkey after the current item
- option to select buttons that are visible in the main window
- multiple items can be selected, moved or deleted in the hotkeys list
- opacity is also set when a window is activated, not only when a new program is started
- systray icon is not hilited during commands to active window
* - read hotkeyp_EN.txt for more (there are 2 modes).
Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:34 pm
HotkeyP 3.5 has been released.
- commands can be added to systray icon menu
- commands can be run at Windows startup
- options for "Lock computer" command
- CapsLock can be used for a keyboard shortcut
- message "Window not found" is not shown anymore
- keyboard and mouse hooks moved from hook.dll to hotkeyp.exe (Win2000/XP)
- other applications which use keyboard shortcuts were blocked
- command could not be .LNK file (shortcut on the desktop or in the Start menu)
- opacity wasn't set when some minimized application was restored
- "Command to active window" in other windows caused releasing of shift keys
- "Monitor power off" could not be used as multi-command with "Lock computer"
- some keys remained pressed after the computer has been unlocked
Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:13 pm
HotkeyP 3.6 has been released.
- new command "Disable all hotkeys"
- option to set high priority to HotkeyP process
- command can be an email address, but it must have prefix mailto:
- PrintScreen, Win+D, Win+M, Win+F, Win+R, Win+E, Win+F1, Win+Tab, Win+Pause can be used for a keyboard shortcut (Win2000/XP)
- option to disable right mouse button delay
- mouse buttons were delayed due to commands to active window even if the window was not active
- popup windows moved when the monitor resolution was changed
- "Monitor power off" could not be used as multi-command with "Lock computer"
- if the computer was locked immediately after the Windows started, other hotkeys were not executed
- if the locked computer was restarted, task manager remained disabled and the volume was muted
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:52 pm
HotkeyP 4.0 has been released.
- remote control via WinLIRC
- option to use the keyboard hook for all hotkeys (means that now you can e.g. change volume/mute while playing a game)
- macro can contain mouse buttons clicks and combinations
- macro is repeated when a hotkey is pressed longer
- all windows are closed before "Shutdown" or "Restart" commands with parameter 2
- small icons in the listbox
- new command "Disable mouse shortcuts"
- option to disable mouse buttons delay for some applications
- sort by "Key" column will sort mouse shortcuts, too
- option to periodically refresh hooks
- systray icon popup menu can have submenus (when hotkey note is submenu->item)
- macro didn't work with right shift, right ctrl, right alt
- "Command to active window" changed Insert to Num0, End to Num1, Down to Num2, ...
- "Monitor power off" didn't work with some multimedia keys
- deleting hotkey moved the focus to a wrong item
- command "Double click" didn't work in some applications
- if the computer was restarted during a new hotkey creation, (null) item remained in the list
For XnView users - now you can (e.g.) switch and zoom images with remote control if you watch them on TV.
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:28 am
I found something, maybe you don't know about it, but you can disable/change also system shortcuts like Alt+F4, also for just 1 program, if you close it by accident sometimes, e.g. file manager, when you open and close (with Alt+F4) lot of files (videos). Example:
Hotkey: Alt + F4
Command: Keys to active window
Parameters: \alt freeCommander.exe
Then you can still close it with the mouse - [x] button.
Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:06 am
HotkeyP 4.1 has been released.
- hook is in its own thread, long commands don't block the mouse and keyboard
- Help button in the HotKey dialog box
- some commands could not be run from the command line
- icons had a white background instead of a transparent background
Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:36 pm
HotkeyP 4.2 has been released.
- new commands:
"Macro to active window"
"Disable joystick shortcuts"
"Disable remote control"
"Disable keyboard shortcuts"
- checkbox "Ask before executing this hotkey"
- command "Macro": added escape sequences for letters and digits (\A, \Aup, \Adown, \B, \0, \1, ...)
- boolean operators &,|,! in the second parameter of commands "Macro/Keys/Command to active window"
- a current item was not visible after sorting
- items could not be moved if the sort order was descending
- a connection to WinLIRC sometimes failed
- the Start menu appeared after hotkeys Win+something
- although remote control shortcuts cannot be combined with shifts, it was possible to check the shift checkboxes
- Ctrl+ScrollLock could not be set as a hotkey
the following two bugs were fixed only for the case when the option "Use keyboard hook for all hotkeys" is checked:
- keys "Enter" and "Num Enter" were not distinguished
- the message keyup was sent after a keyboard shortcut and therefore some function in an active window could be executed in addition to the hotkey
Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:42 am
Silent update: Help (English) for new features has been added.
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:00 am
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:23 pm
Both links work here, do you have a problem??
Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:25 am