Use Folder.jpg as folder thumbnail image

Bugs and Suggestions in XnView Classic which have been resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Post Reply
SimesB
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:15 am

Use Folder.jpg as folder thumbnail image

Post by SimesB » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:11 pm

Hi,

Following on from this thread:

http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=11735

I would really really like to be able to control what image the folder uses as a thumbnail image, could we have an option to make XnView do what Windows Explorer does in that if there's an image in the folder called Folder.jpg it uses that as the folder thumbnail image?

Cheers,

Simon.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31178
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Use Folder.jpg as folder thumbnail image

Post by xnview » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:19 am

SimesB wrote:Hi,

Following on from this thread:

http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=11735

I would really really like to be able to control what image the folder uses as a thumbnail image, could we have an option to make XnView do what Windows Explorer does in that if there's an image in the folder called Folder.jpg it uses that as the folder thumbnail image?
Could you try to disabled thumbnail column in option/File list/Folder?
Pierre.

SimesB
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:15 am

Post by SimesB » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:38 pm

Hi there,

Sorry I don't understand what you mean? I want the folders to show in thumbnail view, disabling that option means I can't see them. It would be good to be able to choose what image is used.

Simon.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31178
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:57 am

SimesB wrote:Sorry I don't understand what you mean? I want the folders to show in thumbnail view, disabling that option means I can't see them. It would be good to be able to choose what image is used.
Sorry try to uncheck Folder in Option/File list for 'Show as thumbnails'
Pierre.

SimesB
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:15 am

Post by SimesB » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:12 pm

If I do that it doesn't show any images on the folder thumbnail.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31178
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:37 am

SimesB wrote:If I do that it doesn't show any images on the folder thumbnail.
Ok, i'll check...
Pierre.

User avatar
Olivier_G
XnThusiast
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:17 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by Olivier_G » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:39 am

xnview wrote:Sorry try to uncheck Folder in Option/File list for 'Show as thumbnails'
I don't understand why unchecking this option would allow to display a specific image for the folder... :?

Instead, XnView should check whether there is an image called "folder.jpg" in the folder and use it in priority to any other image(s) (including '4 in 1')... when 'Show as thumbnails' is checked, of course.
Olivier

SimesB
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:15 am

Post by SimesB » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:45 am

Olivier_G - yes that's what I'm after, it would be great if XnView did this!

Simon.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31178
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:05 am

SimesB wrote:Olivier_G - yes that's what I'm after, it would be great if XnView did this!

Simon.
Try the 1.90.2 :-)
Pierre.

SimesB
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:15 am

Post by SimesB » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:54 pm

That's awesome! Just what I wanted. Thank you so much.

Simon.

Post Reply