Difference between Slide show and Quick-show?

Bugs and Suggestions in XnView Classic which have been resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Troken

Difference between Slide show and Quick-show?

Post by Troken »

What is the difference between "Quick-show" and "Slide-show" in the browser? Using the different ends up with the same tool, I suspect that the "Quick-show"-button should be named "Slide show"?

In the viewer the "Quick-show"-button reacts differently.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

There are no effects in Quick slide show and you can run it any time by Pause hotkey, you can find options for Quick slide show in Options > View > Misc. > Quick slide show.
Dreamer
Troken

Post by Troken »

Dreamer wrote:There are no effects in Quick slide show and you can run it any time by Pause hotkey, you can find options for Quick slide show in Options > View > Misc. > Quick slide show.
Then the button in browser must have the wrong name. Now it says "Quick-show" but when clicking it opens a "Slide show". It should be changed in next version.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Sorry, I meant Viewer's Quick slide show.

I have a "Slide Show" toolbar button in the browser, where exactly do you have "Quick-show"??
Dreamer
Troken

Post by Troken »

Dreamer wrote:I have a "Slide Show" toolbar button in the browser, where exactly do you have "Quick-show"??
Oh weird, this explains some of the confusion of my posts... :? no I dont have a "Slide show" button, look at this print screen:

Clo
XnThusiast

Pierre's error !

Post by Clo »

:) Hello !

• This is simply an error in the programme when you set button-texts !
- I checked here, the caption says wrongly "Quick Show" too here, while the “info-balloon” says "Slide Show" alright !

• Personally, I never enable the button-texts, that takes too much room and limits the number of icons (especially in View),
since that stands for all tool-bars.

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
helmut

Post by helmut »

Troken wrote:Oh weird, this explains some of the confusion of my posts... :? no I dont have a "Slide show" button, look at this print screen:...
This explains why my answer in topic 1.90 Translation questions & answers was not helpful... Good that Dreamer, Clo and you have found out. :-)
Troken

Post by Troken »

And I started to get paranoid, how could no-one understand my "simple" question? :D

I'm very fond of the "button-texts", hope this can be corrected to 1.90.3. Could you call it a bug (in that case; can this thread be moved to "bug reports"?)?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Troken wrote:
Dreamer wrote:I have a "Slide Show" toolbar button in the browser, where exactly do you have "Quick-show"??
Oh weird, this explains some of the confusion of my posts... :? no I dont have a "Slide show" button, look at this print screen:
Right, i'll fix it
Pierre.
Troken

Post by Troken »

Fixed in 1.90.3, cheers! Case closed!
Guillo

Re: Difference between Slide show and Quick-show?

Post by Guillo »

So... how do you access the "slide show" in the current version??? (2010)
The buttons on my screen show no text, only icons, and that's only button I found that starts visualization.
From this thread description, I believe it is taking me to the Quik View, since I see no transition options or anything like that.

Thank you!