Tagging in browser vs. tagging in image view

Bugs and Suggestions in XnView Classic which have been resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

vitar

Tagging in browser vs. tagging in image view

Post by vitar »

"Officially" tagging is enabled in browser view only (as Help says). Nevertheless, in image view Insert button also works and such files appeared to have marks in tag boxes (in browser view). However, these marks are "phantoms": in status bar only the files tagged in browser view counted and these marks disappear when directory change (unlike "real" tag marks).
(XnView 1.93.4, Win XP Pro)
Is there any other way to tag or select files when viewing them? I think this would be a very useful option.
Thank you.
marsh
XnThusiast

Re: Tagging in browser vs. tagging in image view

Post by marsh »

vitar wrote: Is there any other way to tag or select files when viewing them? I think this would be a very useful option.
Thank you.
The browser's fullscreen preview. Highlight a file + F11 key. Tagging an image there will be remembered.
vitar

Post by vitar »

marsh wrote: The browser's fullscreen preview. Highlight a file + F11 key. Tagging an image there will be remembered.
Thanks, but what is "browser's fullscreen preview"? There's either fullscreen view of an image or small preview window in the browser. :?
marsh
XnThusiast

Post by marsh »

vitar wrote:
marsh wrote: The browser's fullscreen preview. Highlight a file + F11 key. Tagging an image there will be remembered.
Thanks, but what is "browser's fullscreen preview"? There's either fullscreen view of an image or small preview window in the browser. :?
There are 2 non-identical fullscreen views. It all depends on what your starting point is when launching a file. The quickest way to see which one you are using is to see if you can edit or select an area of the screen with mouse. Use the key combination above for the alternate fullscreen view. I don't have the program in front of me at the moment, so please search for 'dual fullscreen' or similar. Good luck.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

vitar wrote: Is there any other way to tag or select files when viewing them? I think this would be a very useful option.
You have ctrl+T to tag file while viewing...
Pierre.
vitar

Post by vitar »

xnview wrote:
Unfortunately this make only the same "phantom" marks as I described above - not files are tagged :(
Last edited by vitar on Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

vitar wrote:
xnview wrote:
Unfortunately this make only the same "phantom" marks as I described above - not files are tagged :(
Ok right!
Pierre.
timoteo

Post by timoteo »

HI, I was just wondering if this issue was ever resolved? I am running version 1.98.8, and realize there have been many releases since then, so am hoping this is the case. If not (which would be dumbfounding to me), is there some other method/mechanism that allows you to mark and "collect" photos from your various directories?

Thanks,
Tim