"Resize Dialogue" - some rearrangement

Group for those who want to contribute in the area of translation of On-Screen texts or Online help of XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Peter2
XnThusiast

"Resize Dialogue" - some rearrangement

Post by Peter2 »

The "resize dialogue" has all "combo boxes" arranged in one group and all "options / toggle boxes" in another group. I think it would be improved (for better understanding, for better UI and usability) when some depending settings would be arranged together:

- The option "Keep Print Size" could be integrated in the "Print size section"
- The "Resample" option has effect on the "Screen Size section"

Regards

Peter
Attachments
Clipboard-1.png
Clipboard-1.png (12.58 KiB) Viewed 76009 times
XnViewMP 1.6.5 German, XnConvert 1.99, Win 10
helmut

Re: "Resize Dialogue" - some rearrangement

Post by helmut »

Sounds like a good idea to me, Peter. Below please find the original and a draft.

Original
Resize-00-orig.png
Resize-00-orig.png (11.21 KiB) Viewed 75997 times

Draft
Resize-01.png
Resize-01.png (11.82 KiB) Viewed 75991 times

Notes:
  • "Apply sharpen" was changed to "Sharpen"
  • The checkboxes at the bottom might be also grouped in a group box but I couldn't think of a good name for the group box.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

helmut wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:35 pm Sounds like a good idea to me, Peter. Below please find the original and a draft.

Note: The checkboxes at the bottom might be also grouped in a group box but I couldn't think of a good name for the group box.
'Options'?

But probably no real need to group?
Peter2
XnThusiast

Post by Peter2 »

The more I think about it I believe that the combobox for "Standard Size" is also a part of the group "Screen size"

(And for the functionality of the combo-box: The selection of "pixel or percent settings" could also switch the "pixel and percent combo box" right of width and height.
XnViewMP 1.6.5 German, XnConvert 1.99, Win 10
helmut

Post by helmut »

Peter2 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:53 amThe more I think about it I believe that the combobox for "Standard Size" is also a part of the group "Screen size"
+1

Here's a draft what this would look like:
Resize-02.png
Resize-02.png (10.79 KiB) Viewed 75970 times
Peter2 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:53 am(And for the functionality of the combo-box: The selection of "pixel or percent settings" could also switch the "pixel and percent combo box" right of width and height.
+1. Right, when selecting a predefined entry in the combobox which is in pixels, the unit should switch to pixel and the same for percentage.

"Screen size" should become "Image size" or just "Size".