*** Polish translation - Polskie tłumaczenie

Group for those who want to contribute in the area of translation of On-Screen texts or Online help of XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Skiff

*** Polish translation - Polskie tłumaczenie

Post by Skiff »

I know that in XnView already is polish translation but it is old (for 1.90.1) so not all the strings are translated.

So I've made my own using Restorator

P.S. Is there posibility to get english version of dll? (or even those strings in english because for good translation it would be more convienient - xnview.exe is protected, so I can't get the resource for translation)
Last edited by Skiff on Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clo
XnThusiast

Requested…

Post by Clo »

:) Hello !
…P.S. Is there possibility to get english version of dll?…
Officially, not yet, although this has been suggested IN THIS THREAD, and largely supported as a temporary ease…
Pierre promised to do the text-files for the 2.0 version, so all these issues will be solved… :D
- Support welcome, of course…
…xnview.exe is protected, so I can't get the resource for translation…
• The EXE is Aspack compressed… :wink:

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Polish translation

Post by xnview »

Skiff wrote:I know that in XnView already is polish translation but it is old (for 1.90.1) so not all the strings are translated.

So I've made my own using Restorator:
http://skiff_spolszczenia.republika.pl/files/xnviewpl.zip

P.S. Is there posibility to get english version of dll? (or even those strings in english because for good translation it would be more convienient - xnview.exe is protected, so I can't get the resource for translation)
Please contact me by PM or email, and i'll send you the text files
Pierre.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Skiff wrote:P.S. Is there posibility to get english version of dll? (or even those strings in english because for good translation it would be more convienient - xnview.exe is protected, so I can't get the resource for translation)
As for as I've looked at it, both unpacking exe and creating English dll shouldn't be a problem.
helmut

Post by helmut »

Anon wrote:
Skiff wrote:P.S. Is there posibility to get english version of dll? (or even those strings in english because for good translation it would be more convienient - xnview.exe is protected, so I can't get the resource for translation)
As for as I've looked at it, both unpacking exe and creating English dll shouldn't be a problem.
Translating/hacking the DLLs is a solution for one single version of XnView and/or testing purposes, but this is not recommended and what we want, here. Please wait till Pierre sends you the appropriate text files for translation.

Thank you in advance for your efforts in translating to Polish!
Skiff

Post by Skiff »

Polish translation for 1.90.3 is ready. Link on PM.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Skiff wrote:Polish translation for 1.90.3 is ready. Link on PM.
I have no PM, do you want to translate text files?
Pierre.
Skiff

Post by Skiff »

Oh sorry. I have sent it to Clo.
Clo
XnThusiast

Clo's Mail Service

Post by Clo »

:) No problem, I will resend it to Pierre immediately… :D

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Skiff wrote:Oh sorry. I have sent it to Clo.
But it's better to translate the 2 text files, your translation will be lost for next release.... :-(
Pierre.
Skiff

Post by Skiff »

xnview wrote:But it's better to translate the 2 text files, your translation will be lost for next release.... :-(
What do you mean? If there is something else to translate send it to me.
Last edited by Skiff on Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
helmut

Post by helmut »

O.k., again in bold and firered:

Translating/hacking the DLLs is a solution for one single version of XnView and/or testing purposes, but this is not recommended and what we want, here. Please wait till Pierre sends you the appropriate text files for translation.

To make a real, permanent translation Pierre has to send the translator two header files. After translation, the translator sends the header files back to Pierre for compilation into the DLL.

@Clo: When talking about translations please also tell people about the official way for translating. This will help to avoid misunderstandings in future.
Skiff

Post by Skiff »

I understand that. Note that in first post I mentioned about editing resources of dll.

After that Clo (or someone else? - I don't remember) sent me .rc files - and I thougth that this was what I should do. File in the first post is not available any more. Only those .rc files which was sent to me - not the dll with modified sources
xnview wrote:But it's better to translate the 2 text files, your translation will be lost for next release.... :-(
Yes I want to do this - but I thought I just did :/ (but I remember 3 files, 3 .rc files)
helmut

Post by helmut »

Skiff wrote:Yes I want to do this - but I thought I just did :/
Sorry for the extra work, Skiff. :-| The correct files are named "stringpo.h" and "xnviewpo.h", where "po" is the language code of polish (you have guess it ;-) ). Pierre will send those header files to you - given that you have mailed Pierre your e-mail address (for mail address please see here).

Thank you very much for updating the Polish translation!
Skiff

Post by Skiff »

helmut wrote:The correct files are named "stringpo.h" and "xnviewpo.h", where "po" is the language code of polish
Ok. I'm waiting for those header files. And the correct polish language code is pl not po :)