1.90 Translation questions & answers

Group for those who want to contribute in the area of translation of On-Screen texts or Online help of XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Troken

1.90 Translation questions & answers

Post by Troken »

Question: what is the difference between "Quick-show" and "Slide-show"? Using the different ends up with the same tool anyway, is this a really the same thing? I'd like to translate them to the same word instead, but if they are different things, thats a bad idea.

As for now, I can't spot a single difference with the two, can they have been merged lately?
helmut

Post by helmut »

Note: I've split this topic from the topic "1.90 Translation issues" with the intention to have one single topic with translation related questions. Any translator can pose questions, here. This topic is not intended for discussing features.

Quick-Show is a slide show on the files in the current directory. You start the Quick-Show when you are in View mode (i.e. an image is opened). The Quick-Show does not use transitions and you do not have to select the files used for the Quick-Show. All in all the "Quick-Show" can be quickly started for an immediate scan over images, whereas for a slide show you have to do more and have more options.

Please ask again if the difference is not clear.
Troken

Post by Troken »

helmut wrote:Note: I've split this topic from the topic "1.90 Translation issues" with the intention to have one single topic with translation related questions. Any translator can pose questions, here. This topic is not intended for discussing features.

Please ask again if the difference is not clear.
Hi, Helmut, don't get mad at me :) it started of as a pure translation question you know. I'll start a new thread about this. I feel really stupid now, but in version 1.90.2 I can not se any differences. See you there:
http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?p=45884#45884
helmut

Post by helmut »

Troken wrote:Hi, Helmut, don't get mad at me
It needs more to drive me mad. ;-)
Troken wrote:it started of as a pure translation question you know. I'll start a new thread about this. I feel really stupid now, but in version 1.90.2 I can not se any differences. See you there:
I've described the differences above. So I don't quite understand your answer. But let's discuss this in the other topic.
Skiff

Post by Skiff »

In the header file there is a string
#define TXT_String_User "User"

is it corresponding only to 'folder used for other files' (and folder for settings etc.)

If it is like that in polish it should be translated as "uzytkownika" istead of "uzytkownik". If I am right I should make that correction.