Russian translation: Only few hotkeys listed

Group for those who want to contribute in the area of translation of On-Screen texts or Online help of XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

xyz

Russian translation: Only few hotkeys listed

Post by xyz »

In Russian translation not present many hotkeys.
Clo
XnThusiast

Same in others…

Post by Clo »

:) Hello !

• This is the same in other languages…
- It's an issue I reported ages ago already about French, and that I solved temporarily making corrected DLLs…

• Unfortunately, it's impossible to set hotkeys in the Options pages (all), it's a hitch in XnView,
while that works in some other programmes using the same Options layout …

• We have to wait for the 2.0 future version, we'll have the translations as text-files,
in which it's quite easy to set such hotkeys if missing.
- But the Options misfeature about this must be fixed up meanwhile, or else that'll remain lame…
• You could have a glance in this section HERE, all comments, ideas and support are welcome still ! :D

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
ouistiti

Post by ouistiti »

:arrow: Clo

Indeed, Pierre must find a solution about the hotkeys in the Options, or else, the (better) text language-files will remain incomplete !

Friendly

Paul
L'important n'est pas de convaincre, mais de donner à réfléchir.
The important thing is not to convince, but to incite to think.

helmut

Post by helmut »

Sure enough, configurable shortcuts would be nice. But there should be good short cuts available by default, so for every single language someone will have to provide those good defaults.

As a short/midterm solution:
Would someone volunteer to add mnemonics (shortcuts) to the Russian translation? It's a task which should be done carefully in order to get good shortcuts and to avoid double shortcuts.
Clo
XnThusiast

A tool is needed

Post by Clo »

—> helmut

• Hi !
…It's a task which should be done carefully in order to get good shortcuts and to avoid double shortcuts.
• For all languages, a small tool is needed to set the hotkeys.
For instance, we have the “Difres” tool in Total Commander, provided to the translators.

• It's a simple 211 KiB EXE (not compressed), and it could be used as a base, I guess that Ch. Ghisler could allow this…
- Whether some simple criteria are respected (*.MNU and *.LNG for the files extensions), it should be a precious help.
- The groups of strings -and pop-up menus parts- in which we can't have duplicates can be stated so easily…
- In the practice, let's say roughly that each "Range of strings" corresponds to a dialogue-box…

• I even used it (adapted) for some TC plug-ins and that worked…

• The tool compares the foreign files with the English templates, and detects the missing strings and the duplicates hotkeys.
It proposes free letters instead for each duplicate…
• Moreover, it takes cares now of the existing¦allowed internal commands.
A "command-window" is translatable, it verifies that too.
• It's the reason for which I opened a thread here in that section about a future “Command Manager”,
but it seems that almost nobody got the high importance of such an item… :(

:mrgreen: G.
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
helmut

Re: A tool is needed

Post by helmut »

Clo wrote:
…It's a task which should be done carefully in order to get good shortcuts and to avoid double shortcuts.
• For all languages, a small tool is needed to set the hotkeys.
For instance, we have the “Difres” tool in Total Commander, provided to the translators.
Yes, this all would be good. But we are not there, yet. And in the meantime we should try to find a solution. There's German saying: "Better a sparrow in the hand than a dove on the roof."

Even with the current means one can create a good translation with good shortcuts. It's not easy, but it can be done. The German shortcuts for example are quite good, I think. So I still think that besides your suggestions we should try to find a Russian native speaker who can add shortcuts.
helmut

Post by helmut »

Was there any action taken? Do we have more shortcuts in the Russian version, now?