*** Swedish translation - Svensk översättning

Group for those who want to contribute in the area of translation of On-Screen texts or Online help of XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Komsip

*** Swedish translation - Svensk översättning

Post by Komsip »

Hello I just did a translation for some addons by adding sections [sv] and [sv-str] to them. I simply added to the original versions which contained only french and german sections, I assume english strings are built in to the addons.

Anyway the following files do now have a swedish section:
  • FTP.lng
    FLASH.lng
    NeroCD.lng
    Paint.lng
    ZIPPack.lng
    PNGout.lng
The files are in this zip. I uploaded to a few places just to be sure if the first site goes down:
http://komsip.krovatka.su/AddOn-swedish-added.zip
http://shareserver.net/733AddOn-swedish-added.zip
http://www.sharelor.com/v/6889627/addon ... d.zip.html
Just overwrite the existing files with the same names in the XnView\AddOn\ folder.

I am not previously involved with XnView translation or other development but if you would like more translation to swedish, email me at: komsip@krovatka.su or komsip@tele2.se
    • Many thanks for the cool app and cool addons! Komsip
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Swedish translation of AddOn

Post by xnview »

Thank you very much!
Pierre.
Troken

Post by Troken »

Great job. It has not been requested before, so many other languages miss those translations. Maybe a request from the different translators should be made?
Komsip

corrected file

Post by Komsip »

I realized that the main link didn't work for some reason, this is now corrected.

http://komsip.krovatka.su/AddOn-swedish-added.zip

There, now you shouldn't have to use one of those annoying file-hosting sites.

Also I wonder if there is any need for a swedish translator for the project. I'll get working on it right away if there's any need.
I would also register on the forum instead of guest posting, I had just thought posting that one thing, that's why I haven't registered.

Komsip
helmut

Post by helmut »

Thank you very much for the completion of the Swedish translation, Komsip! :-)
Komsip

Post by Komsip »

sorry, it still won't work... that e-mail and homepage hosting site (pochta.ru which holds other domains like krovatka.su, front.ru and some others) that i use to host my stuff files seems to corrupt zip files. The other two links work though. I'll see if it works if I change it to a RAR file instead.
Troken

Re: corrected file

Post by Troken »

Komsip wrote:Also I wonder if there is any need for a swedish translator for the project. I'll get working on it right away if there's any need.Komsip
I've been doing the swedish translations for quite many versions now, not only translating new strings, but trying to refine, correct spelling and make in better all the time. Of course, its not an official thing, its up to developer to decide who's going to do the job. However, I gladly welcome ideas, changes or discussion about the translation (I recall starting at thread about it, but it's been slumbering deep for a while).
helmut

Post by helmut »

Right, I guess Pierre has simply forgotten to ask the translators for translating the various extra files (apart from the language files for the GUI). Perhaps time to do this now... Pierre?
Troken

Post by Troken »

helmut wrote:Right, I guess Pierre has simply forgotten to ask the translators for translating the various extra files (apart from the language files for the GUI). Perhaps time to do this now... Pierre?
Yes, even if we float away from the original subject now :) , I looked through some of the txt-files and many could be translated too. A fresh update for the new version.

And in the long run, the helpfiles?
dreammen

Post by dreammen »

Thanks for your offer. I'm interested it. spanish to english translation
GO
morno

Post by morno »

i like to help translate this from eng to swedish.. contact me via msn..
I'm One and Only Alucard! But some know me as Dracula!
Troken

Post by Troken »

morno wrote:i like to help translate this from eng to swedish.. contact me via msn..
Hi Morno, great initiative! I think it would be a very good idea if you want to contribute with translations. The different files (AddOn, License, Help etc.) are still untranslated. You can take direct contact with Pierre for this, and if you need advice/help/tips or anything, I can gladly help.

Now, I dont have any MSN, but you can use this forum for discussions. Or per mail, contact me here if you want it.

Vore toppen som sagt, svårt att hinna med allt som ska översättas...