PDF Metadata

Discussions on NConvert - the command line tool for image conversion and manipulation

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Tsficl

PDF Metadata

Post by Tsficl »

Hi,

When I create a multipage PDF, nconvert writes the "Title" metadata as the filename. Is there a way to stop this?

Thanks.
cday
XnThusiast

Re: PDF Metadata

Post by cday »

Tsficl wrote:When I create a multipage PDF, nconvert writes the "Title" metadata as the filename. Is there a way to stop this?
The following code options should work:

Code: Select all

-o filename       : Output filename
              Use # to specify position of numeric enumerator
              Use % to specify source filename
              Use $ to specify full source pathname
              Use $$ to specify source folder name
Can you create and post a minimal example that illustrate the issue you are having?

Note that if you run code in a batch file, some characters must be doubled to "escape" them, I'm not sure from memory whether it $ or % or both...
Tsficl

Post by Tsficl »

I think my question was misunderstood. I was referring to the actual metadata in the PDF file. Say nconvert named the file "0.pdf", then 0.pdf will be the value in the "Title" field in Acrobat. The author, keyword etc fields remain blank. Is there a way to add/not add metadata to a PDF file created by nconvert?
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Tsficl wrote:I think my question was misunderstood. I was referring to the actual metadata in the PDF file. Say nconvert named the file "0.pdf", then 0.pdf will be the value in the "Title" field in Acrobat. The author, keyword etc fields remain blank. Is there a way to add/not add metadata to a PDF file created by nconvert?
Sorry I misunderstood your problem, possibly thinking of your earlier post referring to filenames.

I'm fairly sure NConvert has no provision for adding metadata to PDF files, unless you can see something I've missed.

There are, however, other utilities including some freeware utilities I believe that can do that, although I can't immediately suggest any myself.

Best to Google, or possibly XnTriq will come up with some suggestions late in the day or overnight!
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Tsficl wrote:I think my question was misunderstood. I was referring to the actual metadata in the PDF file. Say nconvert named the file "0.pdf", then 0.pdf will be the value in the "Title" field in Acrobat. The author, keyword etc fields remain blank. Is there a way to add/not add metadata to a PDF file created by nconvert?
sorry but no metadata are saved in pdf
Pierre.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

BeCyPDFMetaEdit (freeware) allows you to change fields like Title in PDF files.
p145878.png
p145878.png (10.19 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
PS: 5 Best Free PDF Metadata Editor Software