Resize the image without losing the quality of the image

Discussions on NConvert - the command line tool for image conversion and manipulation

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

punith8626

Re: Resize the image without losing the quality of the image

Post by punith8626 »

XnTriq wrote:
cday wrote:My remark wasn't addressed at you... :wink:
Oh, got it :mrgreen:
If I use grey 256 file size gets increase. Is it possible to retain same file size as before?
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

punith8626 wrote:If I use grey 256 file size gets increase. Is it possible to retain same file size as before?
This thread is becoming a little difficult to follow, but if the original image you refer to was black and white, and so could be saved with CCITT G4 compression, there is no way an image that has a greater colour depth such as grey 256 could be saved at even close to the original file size.

If you must use grey 256 images and file size is an issue, it would be best to test all available compression methods for the file type: if your output files are TIFF, there are several available options...
punith8626

Post by punith8626 »

XnTriq wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:45 pm
punith8626 wrote:I am not resizing the image.When i try to open the same image in internet explorer,I am not able to read the image properly.
Here is the screenshot

The reason for darkening the text is in internet explorer I am not able to see the text.If you open the same text in internet explorer you can see the issue.
Internet Explorer doesn't (always) use interpolation (high-quality zoom) for downsizing binary (black & white) images. You need to either hit Refresh in IE or increase the color depth of the image to at least 8-bit grayscale.
Could you please remove the attachment previous thread.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

punith8626 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:33 pmCould you please remove the attachment previous thread.
The file has been deleted.