How to define a source and output directory?

Discussions on NConvert - the command line tool for image conversion and manipulation

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

playgorila

How to define a source and output directory?

Post by playgorila »

hi folks. I use the Xnconvert tools, and just installed downloaded the Nconvert.

Xnconvert generates me this code to use on Nconvert:
-autocrop 50 255 255 255 -rtype lanczos -rflag decr -resize 654 758 -canvas 1000 1000 center -bgcolor 255 255 255 -wmopacity 100 -wmflag center-wmfile "C:\Users\ramon\Desktop\ps3basenovo2.png" -autocrop 0 255 255 255 -canvas 1000 1000 center -bgcolor 255 255 255

I just need it to process all images in the directory C:\Users\ramon\input
and output to the C:\Users\ramon\output directory.

So my intention is just to click on the .bat file and the nconvert just run the modifications..right?

could somebody help me with this basic question, how to insert the directory instruction on the code?
cday
XnThusiast

Re: How to define a source and output directory?

Post by cday »

playgorila wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:41 pm I just need it to process all images in the directory C:\Users\ramon\input
and output to the C:\Users\ramon\output directory.

So my intention is just to click on the .bat file and the nconvert just run the modifications, right?
The input files term must be the last (right-most) term in the code, and to process all files you can use:

C:\Users\ramon\input\*.*

The output directory and filename are set using the -o option, you may need to use a -out term to set the output file format, and you will probably also want to set suitable output file compression according to the output file format.

Do you have a copy of the NConvert -help file, I'll attach one for the last version (just replaced by 7.80).

If you look at other NConvert forum threads you should be able to see code examples that may be helpful.

NConvert 7.70 Help.txt.zip
(10.59 KiB) Downloaded 56 times