Newbie; NConvert; Am I on the right track so far?

Discussions on NConvert - the command line tool for image conversion and manipulation

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

ChrisGreaves

Newbie; NConvert; Am I on the right track so far?

Post by ChrisGreaves »

New member. Correct Forum? I am comfortable with my old friend PHP software(grin!)

I have download both NConvert and XNView and am happy with command-line processing since the 80s.
I think I should be using NConvert because I want to issue a call (to convert images) from an MSWord2003 VBA application to convert images files in a single folder to BMP format within that (or a different) folder.

(1) I have issued a call to NConvert to convert all files in a folder to bmp format; this ran successfully, except that WebP images were not converted:-

Code: Select all

nconvert.exe -out bmp T:\Greaves\Products\USER\Wallp\Source\*.*
(2) I spent about ten minutes searching these forums and have come to the conclusion that I need a single plugin “webp.dylib” installed in a subfolder of ..\NConvert\

(3) XNView performs batch conversions, but only through the GUI interface, so I really do need NConvert’s command-line methods.

Please and thank you: Am I on the right track so far, or am I about to disappear into outer space?
Cheers
Chris
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Newbie; NConvert; Am I on the right track so far?

Post by xnview »

ChrisGreaves wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:13 am (1) I have issued a call to NConvert to convert all files in a folder to bmp format; this ran successfully, except that WebP images were not converted:-

Code: Select all

nconvert.exe -out bmp T:\Greaves\Products\USER\Wallp\Source\*.*
Do you have the webp plugin?
(2) I spent about ten minutes searching these forums and have come to the conclusion that I need a single plugin “webp.dylib” installed in a subfolder of ..\NConvert\
in Plugin subfolder
Pierre.
Jaymer

Re: Newbie; NConvert; Am I on the right track so far?

Post by Jaymer »

Looks like you disappeared into outer space since you couldn't find time to answer the author's question.