Annoying: Pasting in the address bar is useless

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

m.Th.
XnThusiast

Annoying: Pasting in the address bar is useless

Post by m.Th. »

Having a path from somewhere else (another program, mail etc.) and pasting it in the address drop-down combo (above the thumbnail pane) is useless because:

1. When the user presses {Enter} it doesn't change the path of the thumbs pane
2. There is no {Go/Change/Expand...} button (see Firefox, Explorer etc.) to press in order to update the path

The only event which is implemented there is the close (rollup) of the drop down list. IOW when one chooses a directory from the history list the path of the thumbs pane is updated. Too little and not standard.

Please add a {Go / Change / Expand...} button next to drop-down list and implement a correct keyboard handler for the {Enter} key.
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
budz45
XnThusiast

Re: Annoying: Pasting in the address bar is useless

Post by budz45 »

Hmm Pierre was supposed to fix some of this a while ago...I think Pierre only added support for pasting a file-path (to open file) in Browser address bar
All My Topics || my 'MP' Topics
My own Bookmarked topics--->for me only
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Re: Annoying: Pasting in the address bar is useless

Post by m.Th. »

budz45 wrote:Hmm Pierre was supposed to fix some of this a while ago...I think Pierre only added support for pasting a file-path (to open file) in Browser address bar
We're talking about the same thing ...and now it works. After a restart. Hmmm.... :-( Bad times ahead...
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -