Set custom selection ratio

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

drvortex

Set custom selection ratio

Post by drvortex »

XnView had the option to define a Custom Selection Size or Custom Selection Ratio. This seems to have disappeared in XnViewMP. The only way to do this is to actually click the Crop tool BEFORE you make a selection. If a selection is already made, there is no way to define a custom ratio or size afterwards.

Can this be fixed?
Kwith

Re: Set custom selection ratio

Post by Kwith »

+1
acmodeu

Post by acmodeu »

+1 Really needed function
rsbrux

Post by rsbrux »

In fact, as was previously commented in the XnView Classic forum:
viewtopic.php?t=20200
the existing custom selection ratio feature in XnView Classic didn't go far enough.
What is needed is not only the ability to define an ad hoc custom ratio, but to define one for future use.
For example, I often crop photos to make optimum use of my Samsung Note 10's screen, which has a 9:19 aspect ratio.
It would be a great help if I could save that ratio (and/or its inverse) for recurrent use.
XnView Classic 2.49.4
XnViewMP 0.97
running under Windows 8.1 Pro x64
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

you can define custom ratio via ResizePresets.txt
Pierre.
ferenczy

Post by ferenczy »

xnview wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:31 pm you can define custom ratio via ResizePresets.txt
But those presets are only for image resizing (as the file name suggests), it doesn't affect the selection size presets, unfortunately. There are completely different presets under the selection size menu.

Anyway, I don't see much value in presets for the selection size, but I would really appreciate having a possibility to enter the selection size numerically since I often need to set it precisely and chasing round numbers with the mouse when it's jumping up and down around the number I need is pretty annoying.
sweety145

Post by sweety145 »

rsbrux wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:10 am In fact, as was previously commented in the XnView Classic forum:
viewtopic.php?t=20200
the existing custom selection ratio feature in XnView Classic didn't go far enough.
What is needed is not only the ability fm whatsapp apk to define an ad hoc custom ratio, but to define one for future use.
For example, I often crop photos to make optimum use of my Samsung Note 10's screen, which has a 9:19 aspect ratio.
It would be a great help if I could save that ratio (and/or its inverse) for recurrent use.
Thanks this information helps to me. However, it could be more better if you inform more information without link. anyway thanks.