Position of Info pane in full screen

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

TGB_72

Position of Info pane in full screen

Post by TGB_72 »

Is there any way to set the info pane to the left in full screen? since it is placed to the right like the little zoom box it often jumps when I want to use the zoom panning
helmut

Re: Info pane in full screen

Post by helmut »

TGB_72 wrote:Is there any way to set the info pane to the left in full screen? since it is placed to the right like the little zoom box it often jumps when I want to use the zoom panning
By default the info (that is toggled using the "I" key) is on the top left side. How comes that the info is on the right side and conflicts with the pane tool which is located on the bottom right?

EDIT:
Just found the setting for the position of the info which is used both for Viewer and Fullscreen:
It's "Position" in Tools » Settings | View | Info.
Info-Position.png
TGB_72

Post by TGB_72 »

Thank you helmut, but I was talking about this pane

helmut

Post by helmut »

TGB_72 wrote:Thank you helmut, but I was talking about this pane
Thank you for your screenshot, TGB_72. I see now that I completely misunderstood. FAIK there is currently no way to set the position of the info pane. Considering the possible collision with the pane tool it might be a good idea to position it to the right (ideally choosable by the user).
Erixx haxx

Post by Erixx haxx »

Hi:
You can pin the panel open, it stops the jumping, but takes up screen area.
I agree, It would be really helpful if we could detach, either the preview or the info panel and place it out of our way sometimes.
helmut

Post by helmut »

Erixx haxx wrote:You can pin the panel open, it stops the jumping, but takes up screen area.
Yes, this might be a possible workaround.
Erixx haxx wrote:I agree, It would be really helpful if we could detach, either the preview or the info panel and place it out of our way sometimes.
+1

:arrow: Moved to "Suggestions".
michel038
XnThusiast

Re: Position of Info pane in full screen

Post by michel038 »

When I pin the info panel, i can view some pictures, then close full screen viewer.
If i open full screen in another directory, info panel is still pinned at the same place : all right.

But now, if I change width of this panel, close full screen viewer, and open again, the info pane width will change inconsistently ... sometimes very wide, or in the middle of the screen ...
Is it a bug ?

Edit : 3 minutes later
I cannot reproduce now to create a screenshot !
no more bug. :?: