0.84: Adding Touch Assessibility

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

pubota

0.84: Adding Touch Assessibility

Post by pubota »

I come across several touchscreen enabled PC, and find that installing XnViewMP there is not completely touch-enabled.
This is quite different from the experience of gallery APP in ipad or other pad-devices.
Since I have seen such applications in PC with touch screen, I think this is quite technically possible.
I suggests adding more touch screen assess functions in the Browser and the Viewer.

for example,
1. when in Browser, one should be able to use touch to browse the set of images, i.e. page-up and page-down by touch-dragging the screen. Currently when you touch and drag in the browser, you only see a selection square appearing, but you cannot move page up or down using touch (unless you touch the scrollbar, but then this is not a touch screen concept as in ipad)
2. when in Viewer, one should be able to use touch-and-drag to go to next or previous images just like what happen on an ipad gallary. There should also be gestures to do image rotation and zoom, too.
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Re: 0.84: Adding Touch Assessibility

Post by m.Th. »

Swipe to navigate, pinch to zoom ... :)
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
helmut

Post by helmut »

m.Th. wrote:Swipe to navigate, pinch to zoom ... :)
Is this a solution or a wish/suggestion, m.Th.?

(I don't have a touch screen and am not familiar with the gestures supported by XnView, that's why I'm asking.)
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

helmut wrote:
m.Th. wrote:Swipe to navigate, pinch to zoom ... :)
Is this a solution or a wish/suggestion, m.Th.?

(I don't have a touch screen and am not familiar with the gestures supported by XnView, that's why I'm asking.)
It is a translation.

The OP tried to describe what gestures he wants but, obviously, he doesn't know how these gestures are named.

I „translated” for better understanding because in frameworks are known with this name.

However, the things can get tricky with pinch to zoom because it is a multi-touch gesture (swipe is single touch).

Qt example here:

http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/qt-touch-pinchzoom-example.html

Pan, Pinch & Swipe Qt doc & example here:

http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtwidgets-gesture ... ample.html
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
pubota

Post by pubota »

I just missed these two words when trying to describe the touch operations in details :).
BTW if you have a touch screen PC and compare XnViewMP with app in a pad device, you will instantly know what I mean.
In fact I have use other picture viewers before, such as ACD. And most of them implemented the concepts of swipe, pinch, rotate, pageup pagedown, etc. They gives me a feeling that they are programmed at the directdraw level or widget level, so things are being taken care of automatically. And XnViewMP has been programmed at the driver level, and touch function in WIn10 has no effect on XnViewMP (I a not a programmer and my terms may not make complete sense, but I hope u get what I mean :) )