[suggestion] shuffle view

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

navmesh

[suggestion] shuffle view

Post by navmesh »

hello,
i want to view image in shuffle order (in view mode) ,
or simply "sort" image in random order in browse mode ,and keep that order in view mode
can you please take a look ?
thanks alot :D
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Re: [suggestion] shuffle view

Post by m.Th. »

Hummm... This is got asked from time to time. ...but it is already implemented :)

Steps:

1. Select the files you want to view (Ctrl+A = select all files)
2. Go to Tools | Slide Show
3. Check „Random Order” in „Options” pane
4. Click „Ok”

Enjoy!
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
navmesh

Post by navmesh »

m.Th. wrote:Hummm... This is got asked from time to time. ...but it is already implemented :)

Steps:

4. Click „Ok”

Enjoy!
hello, thank you very much for the help

this method has one weak point, i have to choose settings for slideshow then press "ok" to start slideshow
if i want to view other, i have to choose those options again .
therefore there is no option to save settings for slideshow,only have option to save a slideshow
is it possible to have option to view randomly all images without having to create slideshow,user can save in tool => options, next time the user view ,it will pick up random images
Thanks alot
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

It seems that the Slide Show engine saves the last configuration but doesn't save the „Random Order” bit.

IMHO it is by far the easiest thing to save (persist) this option in config.ini or elsewhere, compared with building and entirely new subsystem.
navmesh wrote:
m.Th. wrote:Hummm... This is got asked from time to time. ...but it is already implemented :)

Steps:

4. Click „Ok”

Enjoy!

this method has one weak point, i have to choose settings for slideshow then press "ok" to start slideshow
therefore there is no option to save settings for slideshow,only have option to save a slideshow
is it possible to have option to view randomly all images without having to create slideshow,user can save in tool => options, next time the user view ,it will pick up random images
Thanks alot
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
navmesh

Post by navmesh »

m.Th. wrote:It seems that the Slide Show engine saves the last configuration but doesn't save the „Random Order” bit.

IMHO it is by far the easiest thing to save (persist) this option in config.ini or elsewhere, compared with building and entirely new subsystem.
navmesh wrote:

Steps:

4. Click „Ok”

Enjoy!

Thanks alot
thank you for the help,i reported this bug in bug section,
hope it will be solved
navmesh

Post by navmesh »

Hi again,
to view image randomly ,i have to use slideshow,but slideshow not have "zoom" function
can we have a random sort order ,or option to view image randomly, so that we can view image randomly without lacking zoom function ?
thanks alot