Improved folder icon/background thumbnail

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

uksamo

Improved folder icon/background thumbnail

Post by uksamo »

Could you please consider providing an option to replace the antiquated yellow folder icon with something a little more modern?

I user XNView as a great way to organise my personal photo albums, normally with a single photo showing as the folder thumbnail so I can easily identify the album. With the dark theme the yellow folder background doesn't really fit in that well and looks very dated. Could you please consider some alternative options, such as an image stack, or simply a thumbnail with perhaps a different coloured border (user selectable). I'd also like to maintain as much space as reasonable for the thumbnail itself, hence the reason I don't like or use the windows default 3D folder stack icons which make it difficult to see what the folder contains.

Thanks.

For example:
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Improved folder icon/background thumbnail

Post by xnview »

yes sure, do you have an example?
Pierre.
baldheadbiomed

Re: Improved folder icon/background thumbnail

Post by baldheadbiomed »

Would like to chime in here! I'm on mac and the yellow folders don't look right especially using a dark theme.

Looks like there's also on other topic about this viewtopic.php?t=30262 if you could add an option to use the system folder icons that would be nice, otherwise there are free ones that look decent https://www.iconpacks.net/free-icon/mac ... -6660.html

Must say XN View MP blows Digikam out of the water both relating to customisability and performance :)