UI: "done" messages in windows when command executed

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

boicottms

UI: "done" messages in windows when command executed

Post by boicottms »

Hello,
some dialogs windows should change state/buttons when the action is finished. To better explain, as an example, when I download images from the camera, I have a window where I can choose pictures to download and I have two buttons: OK and Cancel. Once the import is finished I still have the same window, those same those two buttons and I tend to click on OK (meaning that I've finished) so downloading another copy of the pictures.
I wish It changes to something like "DONE" - actually I wish the all window to change to make me understand that the process is finished.
It's the same on many other windows (IPTC changes, transformation, etc...)
Thank you
cday
XnThusiast

Re: UI: "done" messages in windows when command executed

Post by cday »

boicottms wrote: Some dialogs windows should change state/buttons when the action is finished. To better explain ... when I download images from the camera, I have a window where I can choose pictures to download and I have two buttons: OK and Cancel. Once the import is finished I still have the same window, those same those two buttons and I tend to click on OK (meaning that I've finished) so downloading another copy of the pictures.

I wish It changes to something like "DONE" - actually I wish the all window to change to make me understand that the process is finished. It's the same on many other windows (IPTC changes, transformation, etc...)
Shouldn't the window simply close, I'm not sure?