Match ANY/ALL setting for filtering categories

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Tschens

Match ANY/ALL setting for filtering categories

Post by Tschens »

It would be VERY helpful to enable the "Match any / Match all" filter option not only between rating and category, but also between different categories. Lets say I have a category "Black and White", and another one with "Nature". I could easily find all black and white nature pics. This is not possible at the moment.
Olympus OMD E-M1, BS Kinetics underwater housing, 2xSubtronic pro 160 flashes. Zuiko mFT lenses: 60 macro, 7-14, 8 mm fisheye, 12-100, PanaLeica 100-400.
My Homepage | My book at Amazon
Tschens

Re: Match ANY/ALL setting for filtering categories

Post by Tschens »

I just realized that the problem only exists if the second category I choose has sub-categories. Since I have to hold down the CTRL key in order to mark the second category, all subcategories are marked as well which leads to the described problem. I actively have to unmark the subcategories in order to get what I want. Is that a bug or a feature?
Olympus OMD E-M1, BS Kinetics underwater housing, 2xSubtronic pro 160 flashes. Zuiko mFT lenses: 60 macro, 7-14, 8 mm fisheye, 12-100, PanaLeica 100-400.
My Homepage | My book at Amazon
michel038
XnThusiast

Re: Match ANY/ALL setting for filtering categories

Post by michel038 »

I think it's quite a bug. When an option for parent keywords is enabled, Ctrl-Click will select all sub-categories,

You must disable "automatically apply parent keywords" in Tools, Settings, Metadata .

Then filters will give good results on multiple selections of categories.

And you have to enable again the same option when tagging pictures ...