Do we have a move undo?

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

TaranQ

Do we have a move undo?

Post by TaranQ »

Sometimes when dragging files from MP to Photoshop the file doesn't open in Photoshop but it seems I have dragged it into another MP directory.
I shortly see the move dialogue window but then the file is 'gone' no way to undo move operation as far as i can find.
Meaning I have to search through all folders to find the file that was moved accidentally
TaranQ

Re: Do we have a move undo?

Post by TaranQ »

We certainly need a move undo action. For the x'th time today i moved my project folder partially to 'some other unknown' location because of accidental mouse dragging. Of course i saw the move dialogue and i quickly realised this was an unintended action so i pressed Cancel. Resulting in my 812Gb project folder partially being moved over to 'somewhere'. I took me some time going through possible directories to find it and merge it back.

Or at least add a move confirmation dialogue
Sirio

Post by Sirio »

+1
I completely agree. It happen a lot of time to me.
I vote for a confirmation dialogue box for moving an coping by drag and drop.
Sirio
unqltango

Post by unqltango »

Sirio wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:55 pm +1
Only if it is optional.
nathan8

Post by nathan8 »

This would be a great feature. Even if we have to confirm a move every time, I'm in favor of that versus errors, especially if there is no easy "undo" for a move. And especially if the "import" feature is enhanced to have a "move" option instead of just "copy" functionality.
Marsu42

Post by Marsu42 »

Sirio wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:55 pm +1
+1 this happens to me a lot when sort-moving a lot of pictures, so undo would be great.
TaranQ

Post by TaranQ »

Several versions later and still no Undo or (optional) confirmation dialogue :( :( :(
It still happens every now and then and it's very annoying trying to find where images or even directories have ended up...
Sebster

Post by Sebster »

I completely agree. I just moved a couple of gigs of *something* *somewhere* because I mis-clicked on the folder tree. Costly error time-wise.
sindarus

Post by sindarus »

Hi,

I know this is an old topic but I want to emphasize how helpful this feature would be : adding an optional confirmation dialog before actually moving a directory.

I happen to move directories by mistake once in a while (using a touchpad), and it always infuriates me because its so tedious to find my directory back. Often times, I can't even know which directory I've misplaced.
The last time it happend was today, and I wasn't even sure it happened or not, so I started searching at random for a misplaced directory that I wasn't even sure existed.

I really love XnView and I've recommended it to many friends, but I was about to uninstall it just now because of this.
Can you please take this suggestion into account ?

Thanks in advance,