Retouch Tool

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Gregnut

Retouch Tool

Post by Gregnut »

A retouch tool, as you get in iPhoto and other programmes, would be very useful for removing blemishes and spots in the image - I am surprised that there isn't one, in what is otherwise excellent software.
xhajt03

Re: Retouch Tool

Post by xhajt03 »

Indeed, a retouch tool would be very useful. Two additional comments in this context:

1) Just an option of working with non-rectangular selections (circle / ellipse) and allowing to copy and paste such selections would be a nice improvement towards this functionality. Possibility of configurable blurring of edges with a defined width while pasting would be a next step. Obviously, an even more advanced functionality would be welcome as well, but these two things would already help tremendously for simple retouching tasks.

2) I was surprised that I couldn't find the copy&paste functionality (even the standard rectangular one) within the Paint tool. Is there a reason why one has to close the Paint window for accessing this functionality?
orbspider

Re: Retouch Tool

Post by orbspider »

I agree, the Draw dialogue needs a few more basic tools to help us out with images that have mistakes or things showing that shouldn't, such as car no. plate, someone's face, some accidental nudity :x

1. clone tool - to copy native colour/texture from the image to another spot.
2. blur tool - draw a shape and have the area blur out, or draw freehand
3. pencil - to draw freehand solid lines
4. brush - to draw with texture
5. copy/paste selection area

But so far, the Draw tool is a big improvement to xnview I see!