360° panoramic view

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

maix

360° panoramic view

Post by maix »

Would it be possible to introduce a cylindric / spherical projection to display 360° panoramic pictures?
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Re: 360° panoramic view

Post by m.Th. »

Do you mean an interactive viewer to rotate / pan / zoom etc.?
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
maix

Post by maix »

Yes, I thought in the first step to be able to view horizontally only stitched fotos over 360°.
As additional functionality it would require that in a window you could
- see up to 180°horizontal view angle / half of the foto (to avoid repetition in view)
- pan the foto to the left or right all the time, repeating the picture from the right/left border.

Of cause it would be also interesting to display 360° vertically and horizontally stacked fotos, which would require some maths for spherical projection before display. But such fotos are a rare use case.
warmaker

Post by warmaker »

m.Th. wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:31 pm Do you mean an interactive viewer to rotate / pan / zoom etc.?
Was there any progress in that matter? With panoramas being very common nowadays and spherical photos gaining more and more popularity, it would be fantastic to have XnView support it too!
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

warmaker wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:26 pm
m.Th. wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:31 pm Do you mean an interactive viewer to rotate / pan / zoom etc.?
Was there any progress in that matter? With panoramas being very common nowadays and spherical photos gaining more and more popularity, it would be fantastic to have XnView support it too!
I dunno. I know that there are free libraries which are easy to use (there are even free plugins for WordPress) but I don't know if Pierre will integrate it / them.
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
nathan8

Post by nathan8 »

I would be happy just to see them flat. Some file formats work (eg, .insp) and some don't (.insv) that way now.