Read metadata from MP4 files

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

coupland

Read metadata from MP4 files

Post by coupland »

It would be great if XnView MP could read/write metadata (rating, keywords, comment etc.) from MP4 files.

With the advanced Search function in XnView it's by far the greatest file manager for digital assets. And I'm sure anyone who's managing thousands of digital image files is also managing thousands of digital video files as well. Having to load Windows Explorer to manage my video files is frustrating when I know XnView is already 10x more capable.

I hope you'll consider it, thanks for writing one of the most useful pieces of software ever!
gaaned92

Re: Read metadata from MP4 files

Post by gaaned92 »

Regretfully, I understand that video and video management is not in the priority list surely due to lack of time from the developper. No thumbnail, no metadata though exiftool can read MP4 metadata, no renaming like photo, no inclusion of video in slideshow...
I am getting desparate about that.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Read metadata from MP4 files

Post by xnview »

gaaned92 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:34 am Regretfully, I understand that video and video management is not in the priority list surely due to lack of time from the developper. No thumbnail, no metadata though exiftool can read MP4 metadata, no renaming like photo, no inclusion of video in slideshow...
I am getting desparate about that.
could you send me a mp4 with metadata?
Pierre.