Rotate image view without modify the original

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

gm649

Rotate image view without modify the original

Post by gm649 »

Hi ,is there anyway to remember image orientation rotation without modify the exif data ?
i want it because modify the exif data would modify the image,and the duplicated files finder software cannot detect duplicated image when we modified it
i want to set image orientation to something like xn-view database, so that each time the image loaded,xn view mp would rotate it ,like it rotate due to exif orientation information
is there a command to rotate the "image view" without modify the original image, like xnview do when we use "rotate the image due to exif orientation"
(i can rotate the view by rotating monitor, but the ui will not rotate ,so its hard to use)
Thanks
ts01

Re: Rotate image view without modify the original

Post by ts01 »

There was a similar request in 2007: https://forum.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=13522 and it seems that this is still not possible today.

I am also looking for this feature because I have a bunch of pictures in portrait orientation and it would be nice to view all of them with 90 degrees rotation without actually modifying its actual orientation.