Post by mustbeit »

Hi,
in version 0.96.4
open some image/pdf

See menu Image>Adjust.
You have 5 sub-menus, amongst:
- adjust colours (Shift+E)
- dark/light shades: "tientes sombres/claires"

I wish that the dark/light shades is part of the feature menu adjust colours so that one does not have to switch to and from the 2 menus.

In my practice, sometimes I "photo scan" some text documents, lighting is rarely good, often part of text is under or over exposed.
Best way is to play together with:
- contrast
- dark/light shades

Currently, it is NOT possible to play and VIEW the change at the same time.

Thanks
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Image>Adjust: one common menu for "adjust colors" & "shades"

Post by cday »

Are you familiar with the Levels adjustment (keyboard shortcut L) which provide powerful control in a single action with a preview?

When processing scans or images which are nominally black text on a white background, in my experience the best results are obtained if the image is converted to greyscale before using Levels, when processing many images that can be done first as a batch operation to save time.

And if Levels doesn't provide fine enough control, there is also the recently added Curves action, if you can figure out how to use it!
mustbeit

Re: Image>Adjust: one common menu for "adjust colors" & "shades"

Post by mustbeit »

Familiar with the term, not with its usage.
What I tried in the past didn't please me, maybe I ought to try again.

This makes me thing that my suggestion could be extended as:
custom image transform menu in which a set of image transforms can be built in a similar way as you customise the buttons on a toolbar, you add or substract filters/transforms and save as your personalised one.
A kind of Image>Adjust>custom adjust colours with the filters you want to regroup, instead of navigating to and fro different menus