Some suggestions for the Browser

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

adrem85

Some suggestions for the Browser

Post by adrem85 »

1. Please make it possible to go directly in the Browser not only to the root of the current drive, but also to the menu for selecting other local / removable drives (similar to the "Devices and drives" menu in Windows Explorer).

2. In the Browser, when the command "select all files" (CTRL+A) is executed, not only files (thumbnails) are selected, but also folders (??) - which is not logical, since 99% of all operations with such a selection are performed with files, not with folders. It is advisable to leave the selection by the command CTRL+A / "Select All" only for thumbnails.

3. When highlighting thumbnails in the Browser, only its name is highlighted with a contrasting blue color + the general background of the thumbnails is barely noticeably shaded. This is not very clear - I would like the selection of thumbnails to be as contrasting and complete as possible - i.e. so that the highlight color spreads to all elements of the thumbnail, except for the image itself, as in some other viewers (for example, ACDSee or Imagine):

4. When pressing the <ESC> key in Full screen mode
the following happens:
Full screen mode - Browser - Exit the program.
I would like to:
Full screen mode - View mode - Browser - Exit the program.
It seems to me that this switching order would be more consistent and logical.
Last edited by adrem85 on Sun May 09, 2021 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
electro1

Re: Some suggestions for the Browser

Post by electro1 »

Excellent suggestions especially that one with the contrasting thumbnail selection.
chrisncy

Post by chrisncy »

Mise en surbrillance des vignettes : c'est effectivement peu lisible, surtout lorsqu'on colorie les fichiers en fonction des formats ,
je suis pour la solution proposée,mais sans modifier la couleur des libellés définie en fonction des formats...
Ce n'est que mon avis...

Highlighting of the thumbnails: it is indeed difficult to read, especially when coloring the files according to the formats,
I am for the proposed solution, but without modifying the color of the labels defined according to the formats ...
That's just my opinion...
adrem85

Post by adrem85 »

electro1, chrisncy - thanks for supporting my suggestions. I have familiarized myself with many image viewer programms, and have chosen (in my opinion) those functions that can improve the usability of the built-in browser.

Another improvement for the browser:

Increase the thumbnail size (50-100% of its original size) on hover.