Improvements for categories handling and assigning

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

jadO

Improvements for categories handling and assigning

Post by jadO »

• Add an search/input field for categories to Category Sets
  • Make it possible to assign keyboard shortcuts to category sets to assign an entire set to a file with keyboard shortcut and not clicking all tags one by one.
  • Let me assign a category to multiple keyboard short cuts, to assign them to files: Simple example: Alt+S I assign to categories: sun, nature, wedding, people. But also I want to have Alt+R assign to: sun, city, rural, wedding, people. This is currently not possible as 1 category can only be assigned to 1 shortcut not to several short cuts.
  • Add a search field to Categories Filter pane. With a huge number of keywords in many nested branches, the categories tree in Categories Filter becomes very unhandy to search and select a specific category. It would be nice to have an input field, that lets me search, find and select the category that I am looking for without clicking through tens of nested categories.
  • General: All trees, be it in the Categories Filter pane or in the Categories pane should have a function to expand and collapse all
  • Make an option to have "Quick Search" to search not only results of search in filenames but also results of search in category names. So for example I have a file "wedding_01_09_2013" which is not categorized and a file a "IMG_000222" that is assigned to category "wedding". When I search in Quick Search for "wedding" I'd like an option that both files get shown. The first one, because it contains "wedding" in the name, the second one because it is categorized as "wedding".
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Improvements for categories handling and assigning

Post by xnview »

jadO wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:51 am
  • Add an search/input field for categories to Category Sets
Added in next release
  • Make an option to have "Quick Search" to search not only results of search in filenames but also results of search in category names. So for example I have a file "wedding_01_09_2013" which is not categorized and a file a "IMG_000222" that is assigned to category "wedding". When I search in Quick Search for "wedding" I'd like an option that both files get shown. The first one, because it contains "wedding" in the name, the second one because it is categorized as "wedding".
Added in next release
Pierre.