Show folder thumbnails in fullscreen

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

FrostWolf

Show folder thumbnails in fullscreen

Post by FrostWolf »

Hello,

I think XNView is the best gallery viewer because it can show only one thumb per folder.
When you want to view galleries of images, you want to have a good idea of what is inside every folder, and setting a single image for the folder thumb, and setting the thumb size to a big size (say 800 x 800), you can quickly see what each folder is about.

I have the following suggestion to make it a better gallery viewer:

Add the option to view the folder thumbs in fullscreen, just like you can view the images inside a folder in fullscreen - and set a hotkey for that. It would help a lot for navigating through folders.

Later clarification: what I am requesting is to implement the option to show the folder thumbnails larger, just like you can see the images larger, making them fit the window or fit the full screen. Usually I am using a size about 250 x 250 pixels for the folder thumbnails. However, sometimes you might want to see larger folder thumbnails, and then, it would be helpful to have a hotkey (say for example "F" or Space) for showing larger folder thumbnails, and to stretch them to fit them to the entire window. Or to push F11 to show the thumbnail folder in full screen.

Thank you!