XnView Tweak UI

Plug-ins, add-ons, skins, icons, templates and other downloads. Contributions are welcome.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

ckv

XnView Tweak UI

Post by ckv »

XnView Tweak UI (beta)

XnView Tweak UI is graphical user interface build around the ui-less settings in xnview. Currently about half of the ui-less settings are supported, but the bold goal is to add support for all of them.

Current features:
  • GUI for 52+ ui-less XnView settings
  • Support for settings stored in registry or xnview.ini
  • Alternative interface for all setting (currently read-only)
Notes: No MP version support :(, you can access the alternative interface (inspired by Firefox about:config) by right-clicking the application titlebar, you can toggle various color controls between disabled and enabled state by Ctrl + left-click, all fromated colour values are supported.

» More screenshots
Edit: Added MP version note and note about fromated colour values. I also added readme to the zip package.
Last edited by ckv on Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
rra

Re: XnView Tweak UI

Post by rra »

nice tool you made,
now it is easy and fast to try out some UI-changes,
I suppose it only works for the non-MP versions right ?

thanks,

René
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

:D Loistavaa!
ckv

Post by ckv »

rra wrote:nice tool you made,
now it is easy and fast to try out some UI-changes,
I suppose it only works for the non-MP versions right ?

thanks,

René
Yes no support for MP version. I did check the compatibility with MP version before, but looks like most of the settings are either renamed, use different value format or doesn't exist in MP version. :(
XnView Tweak UI - Tool to customize your XnView beyond the regular XnView options.
UI-less Settings - Documentation of all the hidden settings in XnView.
XFAM - Tool to create and customize XnView file associations.
ckv

Post by ckv »

XnTriq wrote::D Loistavaa!
XnView Tweak UI - Tool to customize your XnView beyond the regular XnView options.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

I'm amazed that you've found a way to create real-time visual feedback for the Background Checker and the Folder Thumbnail settings.
You even thought about adding the default values of the folder thumbnails to the color picker's custom palette.

In older versions of XnView there was no delay when I was browsing through the folder tree with the arrow keys.
For years I was wondering what had changed. Now I know: XnView Tweak UI lets me deactivate Use delayed preview 8)

My requests/suggestions:
  1. Check if XnView is running on start-up and warn the user that all instances need to be closed before proceeding.
  2. Remove the “beta”! This is a mature app.
<!--// -->
Peter2
XnThusiast

Post by Peter2 »

Fine tool, thanks. I hope it will soon be added to the XnView-download page. :D

Small typos:
Background
Highlight

Peter
XnViewMP 1.6.5 German, XnConvert 1.99, Win 10
ckv

Post by ckv »

XnTriq wrote:My requests/suggestions:
  1. Check if XnView is running on start-up and warn the user that all instances need to be closed before proceeding.
  2. Remove the “beta”! This is a mature app.
1. Great idea, I will add this to next version. :)
2. I added the “beta” tag to indicate that there's still a lot of features missing or unfinished, but maybe I'll drop it for the next version.
Peter2 wrote:Fine tool, thanks. I hope it will soon be added to the XnView-download page. :D

Small typos:
Background
Highlight

Peter
Thank you. :)
I will fix those typos for next version.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Great app :-)
Perhaps i can add it (with file extension app) on my download page?
Pierre.
ckv

Post by ckv »

xnview wrote:Great app :-)
Perhaps i can add it (with file extension app) on my download page?
Yes that would be great. :)
oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

Nice tool, congratulations !
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64
helmut

Post by helmut »

Excellent tool, ckv!
ckv wrote:GUI for 52+ ui-less XnView settings
I didn't know that there are that many ui-less XnView settings! :o
RickS

Post by RickS »

First of all, thanks for this great tool. Finally, I can complete my customization of XnView!

I do have one problem, though. If I change the color (doesn't matter what color) of the toolbar (browser and view mode) I lose some of my icons. The ones that disappear are only those where the "Command" and/or "Icon file" reside outside of the XnView folder. For instance, I have an icon on the toolbar for Paint Shop Pro. In the Options>toolbar configuration the "Command" and "Icon file" settings point to addresses that reside outside of the XnView folder. This icon, and those similarly configured, disappear when I use Tweak UI to change the toolbar color.

Thanks again for this great addition to an already great program.

Rick
ckv

Post by ckv »

RickS wrote:First of all, thanks for this great tool. Finally, I can complete my customization of XnView!

I do have one problem, though. If I change the color (doesn't matter what color) of the toolbar (browser and view mode) I lose some of my icons. The ones that disappear are only those where the "Command" and/or "Icon file" reside outside of the XnView folder. For instance, I have an icon on the toolbar for Paint Shop Pro. In the Options>toolbar configuration the "Command" and "Icon file" settings point to addresses that reside outside of the XnView folder. This icon, and those similarly configured, disappear when I use Tweak UI to change the toolbar color.

Thanks again for this great addition to an already great program.

Rick
Thank you, I can confirm this bug. Unfortunately the toolbar options are very buggy in XnView. There's another bug with the ToolbarBackColor option that breaks the dropdown menus on some toolbar buttons.

If you need to, you can disable the toolbar background color in XnView Tweak UI by holding 'Ctrl' on your keyboard while you left-click the color box.

ps. I posted your report in the bug reports section. Hopefully these toolbar bugs will be fixed in future XnView releases. :)
RickS

Post by RickS »

ckv wrote: Thank you, I can confirm this bug. Unfortunately the toolbar options are very buggy in XnView. There's another bug with the ToolbarBackColor option that breaks the dropdown menus on some toolbar buttons.

If you need to, you can disable the toolbar background color in XnView Tweak UI by holding 'Ctrl' on your keyboard while you left-click the color box.

ps. I posted your report in the bug reports section. Hopefully these toolbar bugs will be fixed in future XnView releases. :)
OK, well, happy it wasn't something just at my end. Oh, and thanks for the tip on disabling the toolbar BG color...I couldn't figure out how to do that.