SageThumbs - Thumbnail image shell extension

Plug-ins, add-ons, skins, icons, templates and other downloads. Contributions are welcome.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

ElQuia

Re: SageThumbs 2.0.0.8 - Thumbnail image shell extension

Post by ElQuia »

ADOBE PDF thumbnail: google "Fixes for 64-bit Adobe Reader preview handler and thumbnails", first install the fix, and DEselect pdf from sage. it worked for me.

MY PROBLEM: dowloaded las version 2.0.0.9. I cant see any more thumbs that I saw before with xnview only. I am on windows 7 x64 with latest xnview with all plugs installed: I CANT SEE jp2, jpf, fits, and some tif files that open correctly in xnview and are thumbnailed in xnview browser

Ideas?
"Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back" - "No hay Camino hacia la libertad. La Libertad es el camino."
xenio

Post by xenio »

Wowww thank you for the info,
this link fix the problem with the PDF thumbnails in W7 64bit
http://www.pretentiousname.com/adobe_pdf_x64_fix/#thumb

This way I am not using sagethumbs for PDF thumbs and I loose the shell extension with the feature of sagethumbs.
Do you have any Idea why sagethumbs is not working with PDF?
Thanks again.
ElQuia

Post by ElQuia »

xenio wrote: Do you have any Idea why sagethumbs is not working with PDF?
Thanks again.
It´s a known issue, read the developers page 8)
"Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back" - "No hay Camino hacia la libertad. La Libertad es el camino."
ElQuia

Post by ElQuia »

MY PROBLEM: dowloaded las version 2.0.0.9. I cant see any more thumbs that I saw before with xnview only. I am on windows 7 x64 with latest xnview with all plugs installed: I CANT SEE jp2, jpf, fits, and some tif files that open correctly in xnview and are thumbnailed in xnview browser

Ideas? :shock:
Nikolay Raspopov

Post by Nikolay Raspopov »

ElQuia wrote:MY PROBLEM: dowloaded las version 2.0.0.9. I cant see any more thumbs that I saw before with xnview only. I am on windows 7 x64 with latest xnview with all plugs installed: I CANT SEE jp2, jpf, fits, and some tif files that open correctly in xnview and are thumbnailed in xnview browser

Ideas? :shock:
Its supported by 32-bit XnView's plugins only.
ElQuia

Post by ElQuia »

Nikolay Raspopov wrote:
Its supported by 32-bit XnView's plugins only.[/quote wrote:
I have xnview 32 bits installed, of course on an 7 x64 system ...
Nikolay Raspopov

ElQuia wrote:
Nikolay Raspopov wrote:
Its supported by 32-bit XnView's plugins only.[/quote wrote: I have xnview 32 bits installed, of course on an 7 x64 system ...
Its impossible to load 32-bit dll to 64-bit process and vice versa. So 64-bit SageThumbs inside 64-bit Explorer can not use 32-bit dll plugins from 32-bit XnView installation.
ElQuia

Re: SageThumbs 2.0.0.10 - Thumbnail image shell extension

Post by ElQuia »

OK, thanks for your reply ... I´ll uninstall sage then...

BTW: how does firefox x64 do to be able to use 32 bit plugins? (I have a lot of those) ... is there not a way to use some sort of wrapper in sage or is its operation to low level in the os for that?
Nikolay Raspopov

ElQuia wrote:OK, thanks for your reply ... I´ll uninstall sage then...
So you'll need 64-bit XnView plugins, ask Pierre.
ElQuia wrote:BTW: how does firefox x64 do to be able to use 32 bit plugins? (I have a lot of those) ... is there not a way to use some sort of wrapper in sage or is its operation to low level in the os for that?
Its impossible also. Most FF's plugins written in universal Java (that why they so slow), rest of them (i.e compiled native dlls) has two versions 32-bit and 64-bit of course.
ElQuia

Post by ElQuia »

Nikolay Raspopov wrote:So you'll need 64-bit XnView plugins, ask Pierre.
Yep. .... Well I am beta testing XNview MP x64 .... It´s a NICE concept and I really hope it matures (xnview is a really mature and cool product) quickly. When it does I´ll be migrating ...

I AM sort of a x64 freak (windows should :twisted: come in a PURE x64 version) but work HAS to be done. So a lot of apps I use are x86. Sadly.

Thanks anyway for your answers ...
co2

Post by co2 »

hi
please see my request
add support Paint.Net extension *.pdn and add support convert to .pdn
add support resize commend on context menu
can you remove 32bit from context menu? it make wide menu.
can you add option to hide icon in context menu?
or make anyway match icon position with other software? icon of SageThumbs are sticked to SageThumbs32-bit
Eyael

Re: SageThumbs 2.0.0.13 - PSP extensions truncated

Post by Eyael »

Hi!

I am using latest version 2.0.0.13 and there's a bug regarding all Paint Shop Pro files. The last letter of each extension is truncated in the options (e.g. "pspbrus" instead of "pspbrush") and as a result no thumbnail is displayed for these extensions. I found out renaming the extension by removing the last letter to reflect the options does the trick as for displaying the thumbs but of course it renders the files useless for Paint Shop Pro. Hope you can sort this out soon, this is very useful.
Windows XP Professional SP3 32 bit
Nikolay Raspopov

Re: SageThumbs 2.0.0.13 - PSP extensions truncated

Eyael wrote:Hope you can sort this out soon, this is very useful.
Ask Pierre about truncated file extensions in his GFL library please.

Btw I can send you test version of SageThumbs with workaround for this GFL bug, just give me (raspopov@cherubicsoft.com) your e-mail.
Eyael

Post by Eyael »

Thanks. I've just sent you an email. Let me know in case you don't get it.
It's weird because I have both XnView and XnViewMP installed and have no problem with displaying PSP extensions. Besides with XnView Shell extension, PSP files (brushes, tubes, etc) have their thumbnail displayed in the context menu.
Eyael

Post by Eyael »

Thanks so much for your extremely quick reply. Your new version did the tricks, all my PSP files are now displayed as thumbnails/icons. :D