0.64 win-x64: Fullscreen requires three escapes to close

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

AngryNil

0.64 win-x64: Fullscreen requires three escapes to close

Post by AngryNil »

I've been trying to use XnView as a GIF viewer, but it's impractical because I have to press escape three times to close the program from fullscreen mode. First escape pauses the GIF, second kicks me back to the standard view, and then the third one closes the program. The "pressing escape once" option in settings does not help. This also happens with Alt+F4, which is very troubling.

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Re: 0.64 win-x64: Fullscreen requires three escapes to close

Post by m.Th. »

In Settings | View | View you have on the bottom of the page "Disable GIF animation" if this fits you.
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
AngryNil

Post by AngryNil »

Why would pausing a GIF be bound to Alt+F4, universally recognised as a command to close windows? It doesn't seem to do this when the program is launched in a normal window, so I have to imagine that it's a bug.
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

AngryNil wrote:Why would pausing a GIF be bound to Alt+F4, universally recognised as a command to close windows? It doesn't seem to do this when the program is launched in a normal window, so I have to imagine that it's a bug.
Sure. But I answered you to another point.
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
AngryNil

Post by AngryNil »

Unfortunately that doesn't help. I was looking at XnView instead of the built-in Windows image viewer because it has the capability to play GIFs. I suppose I'll be using IrfanView until this issue is fixed.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

See Issue 304 for current status and details.
Pierre.
AngryNil

Post by AngryNil »

Great, thanks!
faltonico

Post by faltonico »

Hi there!
I know i must sound very annoying bringing this up now that the bug is tagged as fixed, but, is there a way to configure the fullscreen viewer to exit instantly fromviewing a gif? it went from 3 key presses to just 2 (a petty trivial matter indeed -_-').
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

faltonico wrote: I know i must sound very annoying bringing this up now that the bug is tagged as fixed, but, is there a way to configure the fullscreen viewer to exit instantly fromviewing a gif? it went from 3 key presses to just 2 (a petty trivial matter indeed -_-').
could you tell me the way that you use to view the file?
Pierre.
faltonico

Post by faltonico »

Thank you for your reply =3
I have xnview to view images at full-screen when 2-clicked (that mode with the black background), sorry for my lousy English :mrgreen:
When I open a gif, the animation starts without problems as usual, when I want to exit full-screen and go back doing whatever I'm doing, I press the escape button, but it just pauses the animation, a second press is due to exit the program. I don't remember having to do this on my workstation at home, so I think it must be some sort of configuration I'm missing, but please you tell me.

Thanks a lot for your attention!
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

faltonico wrote:Thank you for your reply =3
I have xnview to view images at full-screen when 2-clicked (that mode with the black background), sorry for my lousy English :mrgreen:
When I open a gif, the animation starts without problems as usual, when I want to exit full-screen and go back doing whatever I'm doing, I press the escape button, but it just pauses the animation, a second press is due to exit the program. I don't remember having to do this on my workstation at home, so I think it must be some sort of configuration I'm missing, but please you tell me.

Thanks a lot for your attention!
yes for a animated gif you need to press 2 times ESC
Pierre.