0.69 refresh function not working in treeview (win64)

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

harkonen

0.69 refresh function not working in treeview (win64)

Post by harkonen »

when i click on the refresh button while in the tree directory or press f5 the view in the treeview pane does not update. there is no option or settings for manual or auto update of treeview. Also treeview does not have any sorting options; the refreshed view does not sort alpha numerically.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.69 refresh function not working in treeview (win64)

Post by xnview »

Why do you need a refresh? The folder view must be refreshed if needed...
Pierre.
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Post by JohnFredC »

In my experience, the MP tree-view sometimes will not refresh "on its own".

Frequently I make and populate folders in other tools, but return to MP to manage the contents. MP sometimes does not show the new folders without a refresh, and sometimes in those circumstances the refresh action doesn't show the new folders either. Sometimes the only user action that succeeds (besides rebooting MP) is to collapse the selected drive in the tree hierarchy, select another drive, then return to the initial drive and expand the folders down the tree hierarchy one-at-a-time until the folders in question appear.

This is another difficult bug because it doesn't happen 100% of the time, but when it does... :(
John
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

xnview wrote:Why do you need a refresh? The folder view must be refreshed if needed...
Hmmm....

USB sticks?

External HDDs?

LAN / multi-user environments? :)

See http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=29313
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Post by JohnFredC »

Here is what this bug is like:

This screen capture was taken on 10/27, but the folders beneath \2014-10-25 were created (not in MP) on 10/25.

MP has been running for 2 days since the two subfolders (FlatsAndEdits and PNGs) were created and nothing I have been able to do in the current instance of MP has induced MP to expose the folders underneath \2014-10-25.

As you can see from the image, Explorer displays the subfolders properly.

I know that if I exit MP and restart, then the subfolders will appear, but Refresh in the current instance doesn't work, nor does collapsing the tree, nor navigating away and coming back.

Hope this helps document this ongoing issue in MP. (Though I encounter it from time to time in XnView Classic as well).
John
cheese528

Post by cheese528 »

hi,
Just wanted to highlight this issue in case it's been forgotten. I'm on 0.76.1 x64 Win10 and the ability to add and remove drives and have the folder tree update correctly would be very useful. As of now, the only way around is to close xnview and reopen it. Hope that some development time can be spent to fix this issue. Thanks.

I'm also updating this http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=31228 as it mentions this problem too.
dma_k

Post by dma_k »

I observe the same bug on v0.89 x32 on Linux Debian. I have created two new subdirectories "2015-05-21..2015-05-24" and "2015-05-21 Trip" and as one can see on the screenshot they are appended to tree (OK). When I select the parent node and select View → Refresh, nothing happens (wrong). I would expect that directory content is re-read and re-sorted. As far as I know, the directory content is re-read each time when one selects the node, so refresh would not be needed if that happens automatically.
xnview_mp_0.89.png
xnview_mp_0.89.png (28.16 KiB) Viewed 871 times