0.84: Creating new file or folder clobbers selection

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

dandv

0.84: Creating new file or folder clobbers selection

Post by dandv »

1. In a folder, select some images.
2. Using another application, create a dummy empty folder within the folder at step 1.
3. Notice how no images are selected now.

I understand XnView receives a notification that there was a filesystem change in the current directory, and that change might affect one of the selected files (e.g. it was deleted), so it needs to rescan the directory. But it would be great if the selection was memorized and reapplied after rescanning the folder.

A particularly common flow is this: I select a bunch of pictures in the folder and realize I want to move them to a subfolder. I go create the subfolder in another app, then come back to XnView MP to move my images. Except, the selection is gone, and now I must carefully select the same images again.
helmut

Re: Creating a new file or folder in a folder clobbers selec

Post by helmut »

Thank you for your bug report with detailed steps to reproduce, dandv. I could reproduce your problem.

:arrow: Reproduced

Could you please try out deactivating setting Automatically select new files in Tools » Settings... ] Browser » File List ] File List?
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.84: Creating new file or folder clobbers selection

Post by xnview »

If 'Automatically select new files' is not enabled, selection is not changed, so not a bug
Pierre.