Errors with Canon CR2-RAW files

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

canon17

Errors with Canon CR2-RAW files

Post by canon17 »

Hi,

XnView v2.42 doesn't work correct with Canon CR2-RAW files from the 5D Mark IV. The properties tab of these pictures shows that they are identified as Sony RAW with size 6880x4544 px. But of course they are Canon CR2-RAW files with size 6720x4480 px.

These errors may also cause a wrong representation in the preview tab, where all colors are displayed wrong.

By the way, everything is okay with Canon CR2-RAW files from my older 5D Mark II.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Errors with Canon CR2-RAW files

Post by xnview »

please send me some samples
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

canon17 wrote: By the way, everything is okay with Canon CR2-RAW files from my older 5D Mark II.
Ok, right, there is a problem to load correctly the file. As a workaround, you use 'embedded preview' in settings>View
Pierre.
canon17

Post by canon17 »

I think that the similar error is in GFL SDK. I use SageTumbs to show thumbnails for PSD and CR2, which uses this library. And thumbnails for CR2 files are also displayed wrong there with two differences to xnview:
  • no thumbnail is shown, but something which looks like a destroyed icon. This icon is equal for all different CR2 files
  • the size is also wrong, but this time something like 13yyy x 2258 px. Of course wrong, but different from the wrong value shown by xnview
I can't imagine that this is an error by SageThumbs and guess that it comes from the GFL library.