[0.87]Another old bug trigger view

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

jadO

[0.87]Another old bug trigger view

Post by jadO »

There is another old bug related to event triggers: Thumbnails do not get displayed. This happends under a certain condition when there are less thumbnails than the current view has space for.
For me it is 95% reproducible in this way: Rapidly type a string into the search box which will not produce any results: Forexamples: event001xxxxx
Then reduce the string letter by letter. In my case I know there is only one file matching the string event001xxx. So the initial string event001xxxxx des not produce a result. When I reduce it by one x there is still no match. Removing another x gives me the result. BUT it shows the file type icon for mp4 only it does not show the thumbnail.
To get a thumbnail preview I have to further reduce letters until there are more matches. The number of matches therfor must exceed the number the current display area can display. In my case I have to reduce it to event001. This fills the space with enough files and now thumbnails are displayed.
Now when I add xxx again, I get the intended result showing with thumbnail.

My conclusion is that there are some missing event triggers or failing triggers that fire when the number of actual search results are less than the number that could actually be displayed in the browser.
jadO

Re: [0.87]Another old bug trigger view

Post by jadO »

Can you reproduce?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

jadO wrote:Rapidly type a string into the search box which will not produce any results: Forexamples: event001xxxxx
before all thumbnails was created?
Pierre.
jadO

Post by jadO »

xnview wrote:
jadO wrote:Rapidly type a string into the search box which will not produce any results: Forexamples: event001xxxxx
before all thumbnails was created?
Yes, of course. All thumbnails have been created. They only don't get displayed under this specific conditioin.
jadO

Post by jadO »

*Bump*

This issue is still present and it is extremely annoying when you search for a file via Quicksearch and it does not display the thumbnail.
Instead I have to remove letters from the file name search until the explorder pane is filled with enough files that thumbnails are getting displayd and then I have to enter the original file name again to get the thumbnail displayed for the file I was originally looking for.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

could you make a screen video?
Pierre.
jadO

Post by jadO »

xnview wrote:could you make a screen video?
I will try.
jadO

Post by jadO »

Any fix for this. It is extremly annoying and time consuming.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

could you try 0.89 without ffmpeg folder? (Now internal QtAV, based on ffmpeg, is used)
Pierre.
jadO

Post by jadO »

xnview wrote:could you try 0.89 without ffmpeg folder? (Now internal QtAV, based on ffmpeg, is used)
Let me first check if the issue is still there with ffmpeg folder as without ffmpeg folder the old issue 4 thumbnails not working is still present and 4 thumbnails are not created properly.
jadO

Post by jadO »

I can confirm that the issue is still present in 0.91 beta 1.

But there is one change now. By fixing the thumbnailing issue reported here now when I click on one file which is missing a thumbnail it gets displayed instantly. So it is a bit of an improvement. But the issue is still there and to me it shows that there is a trigger missing. The problem is still that sometimes when there are less thumbnails displayed than the browser window could show, the thumbnails do not get displayed. It seems that there is some kind of trigger missing or malfunctioning to kick off displaying the thumbnails.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

jadO wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:22 am I can confirm that the issue is still present in 0.91 beta 1.
do you use internal video engine? how many files? which formats?
Pierre.
jadO

Post by jadO »

It's ffmpeg addon, video files and it does not depend on format.
jadO

Post by jadO »

And maybe one more thing to locate issue better: When it happens that no thumbnails are being displayed also the category indicator is not being displayed. The rating gets displayed tho even if the thumbnail is not visible.
When I click on the file the thumbnail gets displayed and category indicator also. So again it looks like display of thumbnails and category are using the same trigger, which fails, while display of rating depends on another trigger which is working fine.

Edit: One more find is that if there are multiple thumbnails (and category indicators) not showing, when I select one file all category indicators get shown immediately. Still for thumbnails being displayed I have to select each of the files one by one.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

jadO wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:09 pm It's ffmpeg addon, video files and it does not depend on format.
so you have

Code: Select all

useInternalVideoPlayer=false[/quote]? why you don't use internal codec?
Pierre.