0.88: some page sizes can't be selected

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

raf82

0.88: some page sizes can't be selected

Post by raf82 »

Hello all!

I can not select some page sizes in the File > Print... > Page Setup and File > Print... > Print dialogs.
For example, if I click on "Photo Borderless 4x6 in" in the page size list, the list closes down but the previous default value (A4) is still selected. I expect the value I clicked on to be selected and the width and height fields to be updated to the selected page size.

I ran `xnview` from the console to see if it triggered any related message but did not see one. I couldn't find any verbose option so maybe I missed something here.

More information (previous reports, printer models, working and non-working page sizes) can be found in my first post about this bug.

XnView MP Linux
Version 0.88 32bits (Nov 2 2017)
Libformat version 7.12
Fichier INI : /home/raphael/.config/xnviewmp/xnview.ini
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.88: some page sizes can't be selected

Post by xnview »

On my ubuntu, i have no "Photo Borderless 4x6 in". And other size works?
Pierre.
raf82

Post by raf82 »

xnview wrote:On my ubuntu, i have no "Photo Borderless 4x6 in".
Proposed page sizes depend on the printer installed/used. I've confirmed that they come from System Menu > Printers > [Select a printer] > Properties > Printer Options > Media Size. This page size comes from a HP Photosmart D7300 series. Do you use such a printer?
xnview wrote:And other size works?
Some sizes are selectable but none works for printing a 10x15cm photo.
A list of the page sizes and whether they are selectable or not is in the previous post attachment.
grahman

Post by grahman »

This also applies here 0.89 x64 Linux Mint 18.2

Printing does seem rather broken unfortunately.

Not only can some page sizes not be selected, the list of available sizes doesn't match those available through CUPS (or 'printers').
Even when you do succeed in picking a page size from the presented list XnView ignores your choice and resets to it to A4 anyway!

(lpoptions (see:-a prev post ) appears not to be used, at least not in this version of Mint, so I'm not sure if that's relevant.)