0.90 changes date/time stamp of LibreOffice documents

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderator: Dreamer

gbirramedia

0.90 changes date/time stamp of LibreOffice documents

Post by gbirramedia » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:04 am

XnView: MP 0.90 - 64 bit

XnView browser modifies the timestamp of LibreOffice documents.

Effect: When browsing a directory containing LibreOffice documents (i.e. *.ods, *.odt, *.odg, etc), the operating system timestamp of all the files of these types are updated to current date/time (in the same way as if you had used the "touch" command on these files, e.g. "touch *.ods").

To reproduce:
1. Put some LibreOffice files (e.g. *.odt, *.ods, *.odg, etc.) into a folder.
2. Make sure the date/time stamp of those files is not current (or use the Linux command "touch -d" to set an arbitrary date different from the current one, for example yesterday)
3. Open XnView MP 0.90 in browser mode and navigate into that folder.
3. Wait until all the thumbnails are generated and visible on the XnView browser window.
4. Exit XnView

Actual behaviour (bug): The date/time stamp of all Libreoffice files in the directory are modified to current date/time

Expected behaviour: The date/time stamp of files MUST NOT be changed (regardless of file type).

Fixing this bug is critical because just by navigating a directory the date of the last modification of all LibreOffice documents in the folder is lost.

NOTE:

If after reproducing the bug using the procedure described above you restore/change the timestamp of the affected files (e.g. using the "touch" command) and then you try to reproduce the bug again using the same procedure, this time XnView will not change the timestamps ....as long as it doesn't need to rebuild the thumbnails.

On the other hand, if I delete the XnView cached directories from the "Settings > Browser > Catalog" option and then navigate into the same folder, XnView will change the timestamp of all LibreOffice documents again.

It seems to me that the problem is related to the thumbnail generation.

xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.90 changes date/time stamp of LibreOffice documents

Post by xnview » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:08 am

please check this topic
Pierre.

gbirramedia

Re: 0.90 changes date/time stamp of LibreOffice documents

Post by gbirramedia » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:47 pm

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for the info. It seems that it's the same bug and that it affects equally documents with OpenDocument format and Microsoft's Office Open XML formats.

I hope it can be fixed in the next version.

Keep up the good work and thank you for this fine piece of software! (XnView is the only non-open-source application allowed to run on my Linux machines, which shows that it's really good to have earned the right to that exception :-)