"This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized" [Windows 10]

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderator: Dreamer

gm649
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:42 am

"This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized" [Windows 10]

Post by gm649 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:27 pm

hi
xnview mp latest version 0.95 not work for me
when i run xnview mp ,it says

"This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized:
im using windows 10 professional 64 bits
version from 0.94.1 to 0.94.3 works fine with me
Thanks
Last edited by gm649 on Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33336
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: "This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized"

Post by xnview » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:42 pm

which distribution? please check this post
Pierre.

gm649
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:42 am

Re: "This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized"

Post by gm649 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:30 pm

xnview wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:42 pm
which distribution? please check this post
i tried both (i downloaded about an hour ago)
https://download.xnview.com/XnViewMP-win-x64.exe
https://download.xnview.com/XnViewMP-win-x64.zip
and they threw the same error
i read that thread and i have no idea what i have to do because my Os is windows ,not linux
can you please help
thank you

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33336
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: "This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized"

Post by xnview » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:52 pm

Sorry, i've not seen that you are on Windows.

Which version windows 10?
Pierre.

gm649
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:42 am

Re: "This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized"

Post by gm649 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:15 pm

xnview wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:52 pm
Sorry, i've not seen that you are on Windows.

Which version windows 10?
thank you for your support
im using windows 10 professional 64 bits
hope it will be fixed soon

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33336
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: "This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized"

Post by xnview » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:07 am

gm649 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:15 pm
im using windows 10 professional 64 bits
Which version, please?

You are the first user with such problem...
Pierre.

gm649
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:42 am

Re: "This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized"

Post by gm649 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:45 pm

xnview wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:07 am
gm649 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:15 pm
im using windows 10 professional 64 bits
Which version, please?

You are the first user with such problem...
maybe it because im using older version of windows 10
im using build 10240 ,
on other pc,xnview mp runs fine on latest version of windows 10
is it possible to make it works on older version (in my case is 10240 ) ?
Thanks

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33336
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: "This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized"

Post by xnview » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:46 pm

gm649 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:45 pm
im using build 10240 ,
on other pc,xnview mp runs fine on latest version of windows 10
is it possible to make it works on older version (in my case is 10240 ) ?
I have no 10240 build, perhaps you need to download the x64 crt
Pierre.

gm649
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:42 am

Re: "This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized"

Post by gm649 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:06 pm

xnview wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:46 pm
gm649 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:45 pm
im using build 10240 ,
on other pc,xnview mp runs fine on latest version of windows 10
is it possible to make it works on older version (in my case is 10240 ) ?
I have no 10240 build, perhaps you need to download the x64 crt
Thank you for the help, may i ask for the download link of x64 crt?
do you mean this ?
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=48234
Thanks again

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33336
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: "This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized"

Post by xnview » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:15 pm

Pierre.

gm649
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:42 am

Re: "This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized"

Post by gm649 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:24 pm

xnview wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:15 pm
this one
Thank you very much, i installed those
x64: vc_redist.x64.exe
ARM64: vc_redist.arm64.exe
but it still not works

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33336
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: "This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized"

Post by xnview » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:31 pm

gm649 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:24 pm
xnview wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:15 pm
this one
Thank you very much, i installed those
x64: vc_redist.x64.exe
ARM64: vc_redist.arm64.exe
but it still not works
it seems that a system dll is missing
Pierre.

gm649
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:42 am

Re: "This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized"

Post by gm649 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:23 pm

xnview wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:31 pm
gm649 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:24 pm
xnview wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:15 pm
this one
Thank you very much, i installed those
x64: vc_redist.x64.exe
ARM64: vc_redist.arm64.exe
but it still not works
it seems that a system dll is missing
Thank you , i have no idea what dll missing
but i tried install the xnview MP version from 0.94.1 to 0.94.3 ,they still work fine

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33336
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: "This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized"

Post by xnview » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:28 pm

gm649 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:23 pm
but i tried install the xnview MP version from 0.94.1 to 0.94.3 ,they still work fine
they dont' use same version of Qt libs
Pierre.

gm649
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:42 am

Re: "This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized"

Post by gm649 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:58 pm

xnview wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:28 pm
gm649 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:23 pm
but i tried install the xnview MP version from 0.94.1 to 0.94.3 ,they still work fine
they dont' use same version of Qt libs
i see, is there anyway for me to fix this ? install Qt (i dont know where to download it) or any software ?
Thank you

Post Reply