View when starting XnView MP at the folder with lot of files

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

forklab

View when starting XnView MP at the folder with lot of files

Post by forklab »

XnView MP Windows 0.98.2 x64 and all versions last year.
This bug was all the time I'm using XnView MP. Win7 x64, Win10 x64 - no matter.

When our starting folder is full of pictures (for example - more than one full page) then our cursor jumps to the last file/folder in that folder.
Correct behavior would be not to jump at the end but show first page and no selection at all.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: View when starting XnView MP at the folder with lot of files

Post by xnview »

when you start on a folder, current item is not the first one? And changing folder same?
Pierre.
forklab

Post by forklab »

Rechecked.
It happens when I close XnView at Favorites folder where are folders and files exist and mode "open last folder on start" enabled.
So when I am in favorites folder, close program, start program, then selector jumps to the first file found in that favorite directory.
There is a video (gif), it's unplayable inline, so click on it to view.
210310_0027_sjx7rxmP6h.gif
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Strange, the first file is always selected for me
Pierre.
forklab

Post by forklab »

xnview wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:57 pm Strange, the first file is always selected for me
Maybe it's better to send you my config file? Can I do it by PM? You can't reproduce another issue in another topic, so maybe better to use config that leads to problems? All options in my config are set by Settings in XnView of current and previous versions, some of the parameters are out of date but they left in config (maybe you can add a procedure to remove unused parameters when saving or just save that used and sort all parameters by name in each group so it will be very easy to compare configs if something goes wrong/when moving to other machine/etc, now I do this manually... load old config, sort parameters, at clean machine installs XnView, run, configuring it by few options, write, sort, compare, configure next parameters set etc... I'm trying to find what's causing some problems [there are more than I write here, but I try to find a solution without writing here])
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

forklab wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:39 pm
xnview wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:57 pm Strange, the first file is always selected for me
Maybe it's better to send you my config file? Can I do it by PM? You can't reproduce another issue in another topic, so maybe better to use config that leads to problems? All options in my config are set by Settings in XnView of current and previous versions, some of the parameters are out of date but they left in config (maybe you can add a procedure to remove unused parameters when saving or just save that used and sort all parameters by name in each group so it will be very easy to compare configs if something goes wrong/when moving to other machine/etc, now I do this manually... load old config, sort parameters, at clean machine installs XnView, run, configuring it by few options, write, sort, compare, configure next parameters set etc... I'm trying to find what's causing some problems [there are more than I write here, but I try to find a solution without writing here])
yes you can send it to me
Pierre.