MP 0.98.3 64bits {File Index} in fullscreen from Windows Explorer info counts one too many

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

WilfriedB

MP 0.98.3 64bits {File Index} in fullscreen from Windows Explorer info counts one too many

Post by WilfriedB »

I assigned XnView in Windows 10 as default for JPG to 'Open with' and in XnView Settings -> View -> Info, I set {File Index}. It works fine, when I open images in XnView browser it shows correctly 1/8 ... 8/8 respectively, if the folder contains 8 images. However opening an image in Windows, it shows 2/9 for the first and 9/9 for last image.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: MP 0.98.3 64bits {File Index} in fullscreen from Windows Explorer info counts one to many

Post by xnview »

if you are in fullscreen from browser, '..' can be in the count
Pierre.
WilfriedB

Re: MP 0.98.3 64bits {File Index} in fullscreen from Windows Explorer info counts one to many

Post by WilfriedB »

xnview wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:37 am if you are in fullscreen from browser, '..' can be in the count
Thanks Pierre. I was guessing so.
When double clicking an image from inside of the XnView Browser and then pressing F11, it shows the correct numbers. However pressing F11 in the browser shows one more for the the count.
I use a hyperlink to an image file from a PowerPoint presentation to show additional images. When presenting it is very helpful to understand how many pictures to be shown are in the folder.
Just wanted to verify, if it could be avoided or not. If not, it is just a matter of being aware of the fact it always shows one more.

Is my assumption correct: Paging through the images of a folder in full-screen mode, always shows them in order of the file name? At least it did so for a couple of tests.