Page 1 of 1
B1: Colour picker in dialog doesn't work on palette image
Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:02 pm
Not quite sure whether this is a bug or a feature:
When using the new colour picker in dialog "Automatic Crop" on normal images, it works well. When using it on palette images (e.g. 256 colour BMP), it does not work. I would have expected it to work, but perhaps this is just not possible due to the colour palette.
Depends on which palette
Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:07 am
• Hi !
• It works here only when the chosen colour is part of a standard Win palette -even a 16-colour one,
while it doesn't if you choose a pastel colour else than the standard. Example :
• This small image contains 11 colours only, it's shown as “4 BPP”.
• If the white BG is chosen - while another colour is set already- it works, you'll get “White”,
but then you can't change to any other colour present on that image, ”White“ will remain…
- A bit aside : I can get it working with images shown as 8 BPP in GreenFishIconEditor
- defined simply with the real number of hues - but as 24 BPP in XnView because the colours
(at least one among >16 and < 256) are pastel
ones and¦or not part of the standard 8 BPP Win palette…
- That mismatch is confusing and annoying…
Re: B1: Colour picker in dialog doesn't work on palette imag
Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:02 am
It's a bug