** Nederlands - Dutch

Translation of On-Screen texts of XnView MP and XnConvert

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

StephanP

** Nederlands - Dutch

Post by StephanP »

<Moderator's note: Official topic for Dutch translation of XnView MP. You can discuss in English or Dutch.>

I noticed that the Dutch translation of XnView and in its wake XnViewMP/XnConvert appears - to say the least - a bit outdated, as well as flawed.

So, I discovered the "XnViewMP - Translation package" and spent a day or two giving the Dutch translation a major overhaul; adding missing translations, correcting typo's, as well as adding consistency to wording and style.
I'm afraid that in obtaining consistency and correctness, more than once I felt compelled to rephrase and abandon the original (XnView?) Dutch translation. Maybe this wasn't the recommended approach, but I am confident that it has lead to a better result.

I've sent the resulting .ts file to Pierre.
(Although I may run into some more improvement opportunities while using the programs)
Once released, I'd be interested to hear of other users' findings.

Regards,
Stephan
helmut

Re: ** Nederlands - Dutch

Post by helmut »

Thanks, Stefan, for your effort in the Dutch translation and starting this topic. :-)
StephanP

Post by StephanP »

Vernieuwde Nederlandse vertaling is nu opgenomen in v0.56 van XnViewMP.
Interim updates worden hier geplaatst.
Pak het bestand uit de ZIP en kopieer het naar de map C:\Program Files\XnViewMP\language, resp. C:\Program Files\XnConvert\language.
Suggesties voor verbetering zijn welkom.
Stephan

15/06/2013: ZIP attachment updated (XnViewMP v0.56)
Attachments
XnViewMP_nl_NL.zip
for XnViewMP v0.56
(118.03 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
StephanP

Post by StephanP »

Sinds 2013 heb ik de Nederlandse vertaling van XnView, XnViewMP en XnConvertMP beheerd en nu wil ik het stokje graag overdragen aan een ander.
Wie wil het onderhoud van de NL-vertaling van deze programma's van mij overnemen?

ENG:
Since 2013 I've been keeping up the Dutch translations for XnView, XnViewMP and XnConvertMP and I'd like to pass on this task to someone else.
Who would like to take up maintenance of the Dutch translations for these programs?