XnConvert translation

XnConvert Multi Platform - Windows, MacOSX, Linux
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31891
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: German: Level -> Helligkeit or Farbabgleich

Post by xnview » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:23 pm

Helmut, which is better?
Pierre.

User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8174
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: XnConvert translation

Post by helmut » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:42 am

Automatic levels changes the brightness (not colour) of an image, so correct translation is:
"Helligkeit automatisch einstellen".

User avatar
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian
Posts: 5456
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:00 am
Location: Ref Desk

Re: XnConvert translation

Post by XnTriq » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:15 pm

helmut wrote:Automatic levels changes the brightness (not colour) of an image, so correct translation is:
"Helligkeit automatisch einstellen".
  • "Automatic levels" adjustment wrongly implemented » Post #56515
  • German translation - Deutsche Übersetzung » Post #56495
I've just looked it up on Adobe's support pages:
According to these help documents, …
… the commands in the Image (= Bild) menu of the German version of Photoshop are named as follows:
  • Auto Levels = Auto-Farbton / Auto-Tonwertkorrektur
  • Auto Contrast = Auto-Kontrast
  • Auto Color = Auto-Farbe
ColorFoto ([url=http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&u=http://www.colorfoto.de/ratgeber/photoshop-kontrastautomatik-1101090.html]Photoshop - Kontrastautomatik[/url]) wrote:„Auto-Farbton“ ändert Farbstimmung und Kontrast deutlich. Der Befehl, der je nach Programmversion auch „Auto-Tonwertkorrektur“ heißt, wirkt stärker als die anderen Automatiken und peppt garantiert auch sehr flaue Vorlagen auf. Jede einzelne Grundfarbe nutzt die komplette Bandbreite von Tonwert 0 bis 255.
ePHOTOzine ([url=http://www.ephotozine.com/article/adobe-photoshop-7--review-4537]Adobe Photoshop 7 Review[/url]) wrote:Image
Here's were Auto Color didn't work. Left is the original, followed by AutoLevels, Auto Contrast and Auto Color. Auto Levels is the one I would choose, if I was in a rush, but a quick manual tweak in Curves will produce a far better image.

Image
These pictures in the same order of adjustment as the sequence above. In this example The right hand side Auto Color correction is the closest to the original scene, but, once again, it could do with a slight increase in green to bring it a closer to the Auto Levels version which appears overly saturated.
Peter2 wrote:In In XnConvert, we have

Code: Select all

Automatic levels -->> "Autom. Farbabgleich"
At least in F-Spot, …
  • Image Image
Automatischer Farbabgleich is the German equivalent to Auto Color.
helmut ([url=http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?p=88408#p88408]Auto Brightness in batch mode?[/url]) wrote:From what I can see, the two string constants are:

TXT_NviewMenu_Auto_Levels
TXT_String_Auto_Levels

I've just corrected "TXT_String_Auto_Levels".

User avatar
Peter2
XnThusiast
Posts: 1123
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:07 pm
Location: CH

Re: XnConvert translation

Post by Peter2 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:04 pm

hat man aktiviert:
- mehrfache Cores verwenden
- "Rückfragen bei gleichem Speichernamen"

Dann kommt eine Warnung, dasss das nicht geht - auf Englisch.
XnView 2.48 German, Win 7 x64 Prof. / Win 10

prawnpie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:59 pm

Re: XnConvert translation

Post by prawnpie » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:11 am

This is not really a translation but a grammar thing that was bothering me in XnConvert.

"Use CPU Core's" should be "Use CPU cores" or maybe even "Max CPU cores"

"Core's" indicates a possessive, meaning the cores own something. "Cores" is plural.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31891
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: XnConvert translation

Post by xnview » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:06 pm

prawnpie wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:11 am
This is not really a translation but a grammar thing that was bothering me in XnConvert.

"Use CPU Core's" should be "Use CPU cores" or maybe even "Max CPU cores"

"Core's" indicates a possessive, meaning the cores own something. "Cores" is plural.
ok, thanks
Pierre.

User avatar
Peter2
XnThusiast
Posts: 1123
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:07 pm
Location: CH

Re: XnConvert translation

Post by Peter2 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:33 am

Sind die IPTC Bezeichnungen mit XnView abgestimmt?
Attachments
xnconvert_liste.png
XnView 2.48 German, Win 7 x64 Prof. / Win 10

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31891
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: XnConvert translation

Post by xnview » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:59 pm

Peter2 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:33 am
Sind die IPTC Bezeichnungen mit XnView abgestimmt?
what do you means?
Pierre.

User avatar
Peter2
XnThusiast
Posts: 1123
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:07 pm
Location: CH

Re: XnConvert translation

Post by Peter2 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:03 pm

xnview wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:59 pm
Peter2 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:33 am
Sind die IPTC Bezeichnungen mit XnView abgestimmt?
what do you means?
It seems that some strings are a lit bit different translated in VxView and in XnConvert.
XnView 2.48 German, Win 7 x64 Prof. / Win 10

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31891
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: XnConvert translation

Post by xnview » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:14 pm

Peter2 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:03 pm
xnview wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:59 pm
Peter2 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:33 am
Sind die IPTC Bezeichnungen mit XnView abgestimmt?
what do you means?
It seems that some strings are a lit bit different translated in VxView and in XnConvert.
strange, same strings are used
Pierre.

Post Reply