Page 1 of 1

Batch add mask based on filename.

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:27 pm
by Icos
Hello guys!
I have a bunch of pictures and their alpha images.
They are named like this: picture.png and picture_alpha.png.

I need to batch combine the image and it's aplha mask into one file. It works just fine by using "Add mask" action, but the problem is, i can't use a wildcard as the name of the mask in the XnConvert to use the different masks for each file. What i'd like to do is to input the {Filename}_alpha.png in the mask name field. Is it possible?

Or maybe there is another way to do it? Via command line batch file or something like this?

Re: Batch add mask based on filename.

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:06 pm
by xnview
sorry but it's not possible

Re: Batch add mask based on filename.

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:23 pm
by cday
xnview wrote:sorry but it's not possible
Icos wrote:Or maybe there is another way to do it? Via command line batch file or something like this?
I think it should be possible using a batch file, but I don't have the experience to try it in the time available... :(

You could try posting the question on one of the programing forums...

Re: Batch add mask based on filename.

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:18 pm
by Icos
Thanks for the answers guys. Looks like i'll have to resort the imagemagick + bat file to do this.

Re: Batch add mask based on filename.

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:31 pm
by cday
Icos wrote:Looks like i'll have to resort the imagemagick + bat file to do this.
Or NConvert + bat file, I didn't mention the XnView command line utility explicitly, unless you prefer imagemagick... :wink:

Edit:

Looks as if Add mask hasn't been added to NConvert yet, as of 7.00... :(

Re: Batch add mask based on filename.

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:08 pm
by Icos
cday wrote:
Icos wrote:Looks like i'll have to resort the imagemagick + bat file to do this.
Or NConvert + bat file, I didn't mention the XnView command line utility explicitly, unless you prefer imagemagick... :wink:

Edit:

Looks as if Add mask hasn't been added to NConvert yet, as of 7.00... :(
Yeah, i've looked at nconvert first, but it doesn't support Add mask yet, unfortunately.