"not a picture" error on SVG files, ghostscript is installed

XnConvert Multi Platform - Windows, MacOSX, Linux

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

arcooke

"not a picture" error on SVG files, ghostscript is installed

Post by arcooke »

Hey. I've searched around and seen this question come up several times in reference to PDF files. The suggestion always seems to be .. install ghostscript. I have it. And it needs to be the same bitness as XnConvert. It is. I've seen that it needs to be in your $PATH env variable. It is (I think?)

I'm on Linux

Code: Select all

XnConvert Version 1.76 - un*x x64 (Jan 15 2018) - Libformat version 7.16

$ ghostscript --version

$ locate bin/ghostscript
/usr/bin/ghostscript

$ echo "$PATH"
/home/<me>/.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin
And yet still all SVGs I open have a white thumbnail on the Input tab, and all of them say "0x0x0 : not a picture" when I run the conversion process.

Sorry to ask this for the zillionth time but I did my due diligence here and I'm still not getting anywhere with this. Thanks :)
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Re: "not a picture" error on SVG files, ghostscript is installed

Post by XnTriq »

Welcome to the forum, arcooke.

Ghostscript is needed for converting AI, (E)PS, and PDF files.
The batch-conversion engine of XnViewMP comes with all the features incuded in XnConvert plus native support for the SVG format, but you have to remove the filename extension (svg) from the Exclude field in ToolsSettings…File listCuston filter.
arcooke

Post by arcooke »

XnTriq wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:30 pm Welcome to the forum, arcooke.

Ghostscript is needed for converting AI, (E)PS, and PDF files.
The batch-conversion engine of XnViewMP comes with all the features incuded in XnConvert plus native support for the SVG format, but you have to remove the filename extension (svg) from the Exclude field in ToolsSettings…File listCuston filter.
Thank you for the reply. I just tried what you suggested but I'm still getting the same error. Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks again. Great software you guys have here.

XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

arcooke wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:49 amThank you for the reply. I just tried what you suggested but I'm still getting the same error. Is there something else I need to do?
Thanks for the screenshots. Could you please upload one of the SVGs (as ZIP, RAR or 7-Zip archive) whicht aren't recognized?