Dealing with PDF and TIF files

XnConvert Multi Platform - Windows, MacOSX, Linux

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

pdf11

Dealing with PDF and TIF files

Post by pdf11 »

I have a situation where I have to convert "PDF to TIF" and sometimes "TIF to PDF".
From my understanding, both file formats support vector graphics (rough meaning: quality is not lost at any scale).

Some of the files will be in vector format and some will be in raster format (such as when scanned).

For the vector files, is there a setting in XnConvert which preserves the vector characteristics during the conversion?
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Dealing with PDF and TIF files

Post by cday »

pdf11 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:33 am I have a situation where I have to convert "PDF to TIF" and sometimes "TIF to PDF".
From my understanding, both file formats support vector graphics (rough meaning: quality is not lost at any scale).

Some of the files will be in vector format and some will be in raster format (such as when scanned).

For the vector files, is there a setting in XnConvert which preserves the vector characteristics during the conversion?

XnView software uses Ghostcript to open vector format images as bitmaps, and as far as I know does not support output to any vector format... :(