MacOS El Capitan 10.11

XnConvert Multi Platform - Windows, MacOSX, Linux

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

pbaughman

MacOS El Capitan 10.11

Post by pbaughman »

Hello,

I have found myself in need of a webp-to-png (or jpg) converter.

The current version of XnConvert(1.85) won't run on my system. I am wondering if there is an older version of XnConvert available that will run on MacOS 10.11.6 (El Capitan). My personal computer is old enough that it can't be upgraded any further, but it is otherwise sufficient for my needs. I am more often running into webp images that I have no way to view (other than a web browser).

Yes, I can open the images in a web browser, copy them, paste them into Preview, and save them to my hard drive (defaults to png), but that is annoying and I'd prefer a drag-n-drop interface. I've tried using Automator to do that process, but while it recognizes webp as an image format, it won't convert it.

Batch would be nice.

thanks for your help.
Paul.
cday
XnThusiast

Re: MacOS El Capitan 10.11

Post by cday »

pbaughman wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:40 pm I have found myself in need of a webp-to-png (or jpg) converter.

The current version of XnConvert(1.85) won't run on my system. I am wondering if there is an older version of XnConvert available that will run on MacOS 10.11.6 (El Capitan).
Earlier versions can be downloaded from this link: Old versions :D

When you have a version that runs you can then, if necessary, locate and install the plug-in that I assume is necessary.
pbaughman

Post by pbaughman »

Cday,

Thanks for the pointer to the old versions! 1.82 worked for my MacOS 10.11.6 system, and is apparently the last version that does. Plus it has the webp plugin installed. It worked perfectly for my needs.

Out of curiosity, I went looking for the plugins and found them. It's not necessary for me anymore, but I noticed the webp plugin (at least) extracts to a dll, where the Mac installation uses dylib files. So it seems (without checking all of them) that the plugins were written for the windows version.

Thanks again.
Paul
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

pbaughman wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:29 pm Out of curiosity, I went looking for the plugins and found them. It's not necessary for me anymore, but I noticed the webp plugin (at least) extracts to a dll, where the Mac installation uses dylib files. So it seems (without checking all of them) that the plugins were written for the windows version.
you don't need to add plugin, you have them by default
Pierre.
Corryo

Post by Corryo »

Can anyone help me figure out if I can use xnviewmp on my Mac 10.10.5?
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Corryo wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:56 pm Can anyone help me figure out if I can use xnviewmp on my Mac 10.10.5?
pbaughman wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:29 pm Thanks for the pointer to the old versions! 1.82 worked for my MacOS 10.11.6 system, and is apparently the last version that does.
See above for the link to earlier versions of XnView MP.